RNS-E Upgrade from 2009 Sat Nav disc to 2011 Sat Nav disc

pluves1

Reaction score
Hi
Tried searching but nothing specific came up.

I've just bought a 2011 Audi RNSE disc from EBAY and seems genuine enough with two discs etc etc.

Inserted disc 1 one and it then went away and updated software. Took a while but a few minutes seems like ages when you're sat in the car with nothing to do but watch a screen!

Then loaded and gave message on screen but it was in German. Then screen went black I think switching itself off.

So turned off ignition and then restarted and unit fired up. However, it had defaulted to German language!

Everything else seems okay such as saving previous routes, all the media files and checked SW now shows 0200 and HW02.

Was just a bit puzzled why it reverted back to German language. Havent had a chance to check everything yet but, is that normal when updating?

Thanks in advance

Yes perfectly normal, it will upgrade in 2 sessions with a restart in between & just change language in settings, takes about 10 mins in total.

Great thanks for the quick response.

Unit updated software with progress bar. It finished that then did something else and just before shutdown it was in German so didn't understand what it was doing!

Was just a bit worried that the message in German was telling me to do (or not to do) something!

Thanks again