Is the Sat nav DVD locked in to the RNS-E as it wont eject!

Abb

Reaction score
Hi guys, am having problems ejecting the disc from the RNSE unit. Purchased the vehicle with the sat nav DVD in place, and it was only recently I tried to eject it, but it didnt do anything. Queried this with the garage I bought the car from, who stated they are 'locked' into the unit to prevent unauthorised/accidental removal! Seems to be a bit odd, as this would mean having to take it to a dealers everytime I wanted to change the disc!

Any thoughts??

Yes they are locked as standard now, so as soon as you insert the disk for the first time it is locked. They can unlock it for you, or anyone with VCDS can also unlock it for you as well.

Hi guys, am having problems ejecting the disc from the RNSE unit. Purchased the vehicle with the sat nav DVD in place, and it was only recently I tried to eject it, but it didnt do anything. Queried this with the garage I bought the car from, who stated they are 'locked' into the unit to prevent unauthorised/accidental removal! Seems to be a bit odd, as this would mean having to take it to a dealers everytime I wanted to change the disc!

Any thoughts??
I had the same problem, it's to avoid theft between leaving the factory and having it in your hands. The garage I bought it off forgot to unlock so I just booked mine in and they sorted it.

Thanks guys, will pop it down to the dealer as soon as I can!