EM TuningBadger5

Thread: RNSE tv tuner

5th Gear

Status

RNSE tv tuner

Guys I think iv asked this before months ago but cannot find it when I search.

I have an RNSE at the moment and want to add a tv tuner to it, what do I need and is it a big / expensive job?

Please dumb it down abit and links to parts or a guide would be awesome.

Cheers dudes :-)
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    +1. Thinking about doing this after installing bluetooth. Just like Triple.O.G i just wanna how difficult it is to install..ie where do aerials go etc. Any links guides would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

Neutral

Status
    Wouldn't mind an answer of this too, TV option is listed in the manual, didn't realise this was an official Audi option?

6th Gear

Status
    You'll need a digital tuner as you know, analogue is being switched off. Also you'll need extra aerials

Theres a genuine tuner on eBay currently at £375 or an aftermarket one @ £299

Genuine (not sure if digital) - GENUINE AUDI A3 A4 A6 RNS-E TV TUNER - 4D0 919 146 DX | eBay
    Aftermarket - DVB-T Freeview HD TV Tuner Multimedia Audi RNS-E A3 A4 A6 | eBay

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Id go for a Multimedia Adapter (Kufatec Multimedia Interface or eBay special, just search for RNS-E Multimedia) as well as a DVB-T freeview box.

Ive installed a few of these for customers as well as windscreen antennas that stick to the inside of the windscreen behind the rear view mirror.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for that

Wonder if anyone knows if the official Audi part is a digital tuner? Also as far as needing an extra aerial, does the factory fitted shark fin not pick up the signal? Not sure I would want more aerials on the car, how is fitted by Audi as OEM?

Neutral

Status
    Jb0o, of those you have fitted what is the quality like, can it be watched whilst the vehicle is moving?
    I never saw this as a factory option, surprised to see there was an Audi official part?

6th Gear

Status
    Yep it was a option. You will need VIM (video in motion) for it to work while working.

Jonny can advise better than me if im incorrect

6th Gear

Status
    The official audi digital/analogue TV tuner for A3/TT is an 8J0 919 148 it uses 4 antennas in a diversity array for best signal

You would be required to replace your existing radio only antenna boosters with radio/TV boosters to get a good signal.

Also a wiring loom for the antenna boosters to the TV tuner and another loom from the TV to the RNS-E

The sharksfin is for GPS/GSM only and FM/AM in older cars.

Neutral

Status
    Sounds like quite an expensive mod, tuner, new aerials, VIM, re-coding, install costs, anyone got any ballpark figures and quality of the end product!!

Neutral

Status
    P.S car is brand new so latest shark fin aerial I presume is still GPS/GSM/Radio only!!

6th Gear

Status
    Brand new car will be GPS/GSM only at best.

Neutral

Status
    As the tv tuner seems quite cost prohibitive, what would it be to enable RNS-E to play video on the screen from a video iPod?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pherbert View Post
    As the tv tuner seems quite cost prohibitive, what would it be to enable RNS-E to play video on the screen from a video iPod?
    I'm not sure thats even possible anyway.

Neutral

Status
    Really I thought it was, maybe I've only seen it on the Alpine setup!!