RNS - E & SD Card Slots

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
Hi there,

Im looking to purchase a RNS-E Sat Nav for Audi A3 2006 Sportback, and understand that it comes with sd card slots.

What I would like to know is, when I put files onto the sd card through my computer, if I put them into folders first (artists, then albums, then tracks off that album) will I be able to navigate through by finding the artist I want first, then choose the album and the relevant track or will it come up as a long list of all the tracks on the sd card?

cheers,

mo

Hi mate, yes you can navigate through the folders that you put on the SD card. Make sure your tracks are named 01-title.... otherwise they won't be in the right order as the RNS-E doesn't read the track numbers in the ID3 tags.

Yes but the mk1 is limited to 512 files/folders, but works fine fella.

I have an rns for sale if interested, PM me.

512 files? lol iv got that many for one artist :p

if i bought a 160gb ipod, what would be the best way to connect to the rns-e, so that I can sort by artists, albums? I want to be able to see a list of all the artists, then click on an artist, then album and listen to the tracks through that album?

Know how you feel, thats why I upgraded to mk2 rns & will be fitting ami soon so can use the usb drive with it & also gives me full ipod usage like one of my clients will have soon when he gets his new replacement rns that ******** RM damaged in transit, arrgghhhhhhh.

Its frustrating, cos its still a lot of money for the rnse, and then find out it doesnt do what I wanted it to, thats why im thinking of something aftermarket, which will do all sat nav, bluetooth, ipod, dvd player and tv tuner such as this

Dynavin DVN-A3 for Audi A3

what you reckon?