Bought an RNS-E

Dilligaf-UK

Chugging along
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well, despite the resounding silence that ensued from my last post in this forum, :happy: I've gone ahead and purchased an RNS-E in readiness for when I collect the new car (scary, not even taken delivey yet and I'm spending on it already LOL)

Its coming with a 2007 Nav DVD - question is, are the later ones readily available? I guess they are from Audi, at a premium, but are "backup" copies available, and do they work?

I'm not condoning software piracy - oh who am I trying to kid! Does anyone have a copy of the 2010 disc I can blag pretty please?? LOL

Hi - what year is your rns-e? like you, in eagerness I purchases my rns-e ahead of getting my car but in hindsight I maybe should got a factory fitted unit. My original purchase was a 2008 chrome dialled unit which was fine although it did not support graphical parking display control hence then buying another 2010 model earlier this year.

2010 Disk? I wouldn't bother trying to copy a disk as it didn't work for me - you will need a specific Dual Layer (Plus?) Writer which I beleive are limited to a chosen few, Pioneer being one of them. I tried all of the permutations after reading muliple posts on trying to copy one (for safe keeps\backup purposes of course). I must've got through a dozen burnt disks before I succumbed to buying one off gumtree - who turned out to be a jolly good chap who's a member of ASN.

Its a 2007 "Q" model - sorry, what's Graphical Parking Display??

Would anyone happen to have a "spare" offsite backup copy that I could "look after" for them?? LOL

Dont bother with a copied DVD as these will make the laser work harder and ultimatley burn out, and there not cheap. Still with a Genuine DVD and you will be fine.

The Graphical Parking Display is only supported in the 2010 RNS-E and it displays the distance from your car to the obstruction on the RNS-E screen along with the audible sound.

Cool - thanks for the info - so, what's the best source for a 2010 disk? I'm assuming Audi, and that I'll have to hand over my first born to be able to afford it??

My RNS-E and adaptor harness should be here by the end of the week, and as I take ownership of my A4 in 2 days (can't wait!!!), I'm more than a little eager to get it in and working - I'm happy to install the unit myself, but the coding of it to the DIS and activating the BOSE are currently beyond me - I'm assuming the free version of VCDS-Lite isn't up to the job and the purchase of a full version won't be possible until the New Year, so would anyone be willing to make the changes for me? I'm in Kent, near M25/M2/M20

thanks!