RNS-E Problem

s3ilver

Reaction score
I had a disc reading problem and have just replaced the dvd drive and disc reads ok now but after refitting the satnav has me pointing and travelling in the wrong direction so doesn't work. I have checked satellites and currently connected to 7 and also tried set position direction but still doesn't work.
Anybody any suggestions?

tia

Just to add to this it thinks the vehicle position is about 50 yards to the right of the actual posiition so has the vehicle off road all the time and also the vehicle direction does not change it stays in same direction.

ta

Last edited:
sounds like you have lost the canbus speed update/gala connection - check the wires as they go into the plug and all the connectors

sounds like you have lost the canbus speed update/gala connection - check the wires as they go into the plug and all the connectors

Took the unit out and checked all wiring & connections but still the same.

ta

Fit this unit a few years ago into my 2002 s3 and remember now I couldn't find where to connect the speed gala connection so just tried without connecting it and it has worked fine up till now. From memory the wire I need to connect is somewhere in the instrument cluster does anyone have any details of the wire I need.

ta