Chris NottVolks Autos
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

Which type of Satnav is this?

Is this an RNS-D or RNS-E?

It's from a September 2007 B7.

A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    RNS-E

Gievf Buckets

Status
    rns-e you dont want an rns-d

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    rns-e you dont want an rns-d
    What is the difference between the two?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    RNS-D is rubbish incomparison, not gonna list all the differences, but take our word for it.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I've bought this car, and am collecting it this coming Saturday. In addition to the RNS-E, it also has a glovebox-mounted OEM CD-changer.

Am I right in thinking that the CD-changer occupies the auxiliary input, and that I will not be able to install the iPod adapter that have in my current car?

6th Gear

Status
    Should be a straight swap if you have the Ipod tray in your current car. The Ipod and the CD use the same interface.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s8craig View Post
    Should be a straight swap if you have the Ipod tray in your current car. The Ipod and the CD use the same interface.
    So it's one or t'other but not both, yes?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Problem is the ipod interface is crap unless you have the newer ami on the mk2 rns-e units which are substantially more expensive, I would just stick with SD cards that are used behind the motorised flip down screen mate.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Problem is the ipod interface is crap unless you have the newer ami on the mk2 rns-e units which are substantially more expensive, I would just stick with SD cards that are used behind the motorised flip down screen mate.
    Hey, that's great, I didn't realise it had an SD card slot. Any idea if it will play AAC files, or will I have to reformat all my stored music as mp3 files before I copy them to an SD card?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    MP3 only & there are 2 slots behind screen which can take 2-4GB cards with an estimated max 512 files on them, cant use SDHC, has to be SD only.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    MP3 only & there are 2 slots behind screen which can take 2-4GB cards with an estimated max 512 files on them, cant use SDHC, has to be SD only.
    Thanks, NHN. I now know what I need to do.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s8craig View Post
    You have PM