No sat nav display in DIS

Mini-mad-matt

Reaction score
Hi,
Picked up my new car yesterday and all's well apart from not getting any sat nav instructions on the dash, only on the RNS-E unit itself. I've tried switching between all the different screens, i.e. the different trip screens. Is this normal, or is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?
Also, phone is connected via bluetooth, but there's no contacts or call registers shown. Is that more likely to be my phone? Calls can be made fine, and the number (not cantact name) is shown.

Thanks in advance,

MMM

Hi mate. thanks for the reply.
Car is a 56 reg A4 Avant tdi170 quattro S line.
I have a feeling it has been retrofitted, as the DIS is not the colour one. Is it a case that if it was factory fitted, it would have the colour one? My previous A4 with the cd based sat nav had colour.
Thanks for you help mate
MMM

Correct, red DIS means not factory fitted. So I would guess it's down to coding. Probably the phone/cluster/nav unit all need coding.

Correct, red DIS means not factory fitted. So I would guess it's down to coding. Probably the phone/cluster/nav unit all need coding.

Cheers mate. I've sent you an email via your website, as I'd like to get it sorted if I can.
Ta
MMM

All sorted now. Nav instructions now coming up on my (red:() DIS. Thanks so much to S8Craig who recoded it for me today.
Thanks again mate,

MMM