Big mess from Argentina! Help..!

Eveboy

Reaction score

I Just download the SW660SDS into my RNSE, E version I guess? with a prehistoric Software ; 0020
Hardware; H54 which I have no idea what it is? My car is a US version S4 B7 with a NAvteq us map from 2004?

I tried to follow the advise of the experts from this site,
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/archive/index.php/t-36218.html
I did burn a DVD from Audi downloads de 660, but know the RNSE is totally F...up? Any suggestions? Only the radio work now? nothing else?
My goal was to installed the ****** SDS since I order a Fiscon Basic plus BT and I have a MFSW!!
Beside my screen flex ribbon cable which I did send to repair two times!! Didn work? Does anyone carry one in good condition who is willing to sale it?
Guys I promise to send Argentinean chicks, asado, wine.....whatever if someone can give a hand!
I'm a limited person so specific solutions to my questions would be highly appreciate, if possible.

Sincerely

I'm sure I read somewhere that US versions couldn't have the sds software.

However, my mind tends to play tricks on me sometimes.

You can do US to euro firmware update (not SDS hack), do a search on audiforum.us.

The firmware you downloaded must have been hacked, as it would not normally accept the euro firmware. Now you could have turned your RNS-E into a nice paper weight, but I think you should be able to convert it back to US. Using google or audiforum.us do a search euro to US rns-e firmware.

Also a few things to note.

SDS hack will not work on any US firmware
The latest 0260 US fimware will also disable video input as the TV tuner was never available in the US for the RNS-E
Be very careful downloading any further firmware update as you could kill your unit.
everything you need to find to convert your unit back can be found on audiforum.us (except direct links to maps & firmware these are protected by copyright) but I'm sure some member could point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!! What a nice **** up I did? That happen to me cuase too much searching in Audiforms US, Iberica and all the rest!!
So to make the long story short, its impossible to transform a US RNSE into a EURO firmware? that the bottom line?
Not my lucky Fricking day, I guess........

Yes, it can be updated to euro firmware, so it's now the case of transferring it back to US, but I would do as much reading as possible, and get the firmware from a trusted source, or buy the 2009 US map DVD (Genuine one will appear on ebay) and they should be cheap as the 2010 DVD has replaced it.

B5NUT,

Your post was the only good thing that happened to me "TODAY" TKSGOD!! However, the more I read the more I get confuse...? Its worst than finding out if a blowjob is consider a real risk for HIV!!!!!
As today unfortunately I haven't find no one with precise data and irrefutable data? Just lots of aficionados like my self but less assholes....
The big dilemma is that not even in Audi Argentina I can find solutions to my problem, someone from the Iberia forum says that with the VAGCOM function 97 I can reset the RNSE inserting my old NAV DVD? Same old thing..
By any chance do you know someone serious and knowelgebeable who can REALLY assist me? No problem on paying him what is reasonable for his services, I don't want to take any more shortcuts...
Its driving me insane all this smurf..
The guys from Audi forum hasn't been very supportive with providing me with data..every post is a different answer?? I just did ask specific question expecting specific answers such as;
How to fix my current ****** problem, and update my US version RNSE in order to have SDS if it is possible, if yes what are the appropriated steps and cost to MAKE IT HAPPENED that's all!!!
One more thing my LCD screen flex cable is not working again and I need to know where in the entire world I can find a new one??? I send today a mail to the president of AUDI of US Johan de Nysschen is unacceptable not even Audi knows.

One more thing navigation in this part of the world is non existent with the original car equipment..you have to buy an aftermarket and do it through video or something like that....
I have my old 2005 US Navteq DVD on the car but I don't use it, so changing to a EU version firmware if SDS would work it would be the way to go...if it is REALLY possible without talking the unit to the NASA for configuration....!

Forget about any notion of getting SDS to work it's not going to happen with US firmware, and the EURO firmware will not work correctly in the US map DVD.

If you don't want nav function then in theory the EURO firmware will work, but I would be surprised if the radio works correctly with EURO firmware, but I'm guessing as your RNS-E has only partly updated then you may not running full EURO firmware, and your radio is still working. (But that is a guess!)

You state in your first post only your radio works, have you tried the SD Card slots & CD etc. If you want to down grade the firmware then your are going to need access to vag-com the cheap ebay versons will work for accessing the RNS-E but look for a trusted seller. You will also need to code the RNS-E when you fit bluetooth.

Forget your local Audi dealer, they will not have a clue about what you have done to your RNS-E and will just want to replace the unit, for which you will be looking at a 4 figure bill.

If you go into the car menu can you post in this thread what is listed as your software hardware version etc.

I will find out today and let you know...
When I was trying to update the unit the flex went off, so the screen as well? There is something wrong with the cable and I'm being looking for that piece already 3 months and have repair it three times with guys that says they could a night mare and Insane eh...!. so I will have to wait when it comes back the image??? So I can provide you with the data...
I wasn't aware it was so complex this whole thing about the NAV MAPS as well...US vs. EU??? I'm hoping that eventually AUDI and all the premium brands in this part of the world would agree in allowing other map providers to developed software suitable for all brands rather than having Garmin with the monopoly?
One more thing I remember the FIS saying CD error and I wasn't able to use SD or anything else.....
Tks for your support and good karma....first class buddy!

Not sure what has gone on there, but PetrolDave does know his stuff and is very very knowledgeable when it come to most things RNS-E based. I've never done a conversion from US to EURO or vice versa (never had to), I've done many installations, Bluetooth, SDS & VIM hack, etc but never done the firmware conversion. There are many posts on audiforum what provide the solution to convert the RNS-E to the correct firmware.

I don't have the US firmware, but I know there are many members on audiforum that do and I'm sure will be willing to help, you just have to be patient. I know that to be true as I have been helped by members on that forum and I have given help to members on that forum over the years.

Your first step is to get your hands on a copy of vag-com
Then your going to need a copy of either the the modified or un-modified US firmware.
If your only able to get the unmodified firmware then your going to have to follow the steps to change loading.kwi & index.txt
Once done you will need to create a firmware CD & hope you have made the changes to the files correctly.

Thats about as much help as I can be regarding the firmware conversion, you need to read the posts on audiforum.us as all the answers are on that site, it's a common quetion regarding firmware change and it's been repeated many many times over the years.

Here is a link to a post on audifourm that will help
http://audiforum.us/rns-e/13702-diy-convert-euro-rns-e-usa-version.html

Last edited:
Thanks B5NUT great information!!I will keep you inform and promise to be obedient!! If there anything whatever I can do for you please count on me!!

Sorry If I was lost?? To much work and fortunately the flex ribbon has arrive from Germany...., I highly recommend Ibrahim Bueyuekkoc from Car multimedia first Class service and great prices he has everything ibrahim_bueyuekkoc@web.de
Now the RNSE is working well no need to reboot with the VAG just inserting the old DVD MAP was more than enough to have again the US Version SW!!
I'm on the process on installing the Fiscon Basic Plus and I hand would be highly appreciate?

Just two questions?

Does the ****** FISCON microphone works?? I received the round one which is ugly and goes outside? Do you recommend doing this?Brico Instalacin Micrfono Bluetooth Fiscon En Plafn - Audisport Iberica
or is to much of a hassle? I have I guy who eventually do it? Any previous experience in UK?

Second and Last;
Even if SDS will not work properly based on Petroldave +++ other folks assessments? even if I will never use the Navigation? Could I install de Mic into de BT and RNSE if I may decided to try the SDS in a future? Or the Fiscon Mic will not work either?

Hope I was clear?

Tks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveboy
Whats wrong with you guys!!!!!!! Never a good one ehh...?????
What do you mean the Mic wont work either on the BT or RNSE? in any case scenario or with SDS? Pleae expand..!

Just wondering..? Are you on AUDIs payroll?? Je..

People who have tried to use a Fiscon mic with the RSN-E or the Audi BT module have found that the sensitivity of the Fiscon mic is much lower - so the SDS and people they call either struggle to hear them or cannot hear them.

No I am not and never have been on the payroll of Audi, an Audi importer or an Audi dealer. I'm just an experienced electronics engineer, Audi owner, car nut and used to work for a well know car design and manufacturing consultancy (not allowed to say who under the lasting terms of the employment contract).