JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos

Status

Cool Thank you to Forge for great service!

Hi Gents,

Just wanted to say thank you for the great service I received yesterday when I dropped by @ Forge HQ in Gloucester. Order sheet compiled of:

4 x Forge 11mm Hubcentric Spacers for the 112mm 5 stud fitment

1 x Throttle body hose (won't be fitting that myself!)

Just as a heads up, having had the chance to unpack the spacers this morning and have a look at them, they are stunningly manufactured, and the black anodized is welcomed especially if it stops the spacers bonding to the hub. As personal feedback I would say that your website images don't do justice to the quality of the item as the generic distance shot doesn't really give a true sense of the quality of the finish.

I've had a few brands of spacers pass through my hands over the years, and these are absolutely beautifully made and stand up to anything I've seen from the German manufacturers. Few iPhone shots which don't really do them any justice, but will be getting my wheels rebalanced at the weekend and getting these fitted at the same time.

Also on the Forge shopping list was a throttle body hose. For the money this costs I was surprised how good this was on my last 8P, and after reading a thread by one of our fellow forum members AJames I decided to get one fitted. Throttle response on S2+ felt far more consistent when the car was running hot, and all I can assume is the OEM rubber hoses must mis-shape quite badly over time and with boost / intake temperatures. A great value for money modification and one of the cheapest out there.

Was also pleased to find out that my Forge catch can kit from my last 8P2 (for cars with adaptive xenons) will still fit my new 8P3 that doesn't have the adaptives fitted. Will soon be fitted to the new car to reduce the impending build up of crud around the valves, probably accentuated by cold starts in winter.

With the uprated Forge DV hose already fitted, it's all been Forge mods to date! Next to sort out some code.

Massive thanks to the guys at Forge for their help, advice and the forum discount, greatly appreciated at this time of year!
    Last edited by warren_S5; 13th December 2011 at 11:32.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the awesome feedback.

any other parts you may need feel free to drop me a PM

Kris