Badger5Monster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Hybrid Turbo on a 2.0TDI 170

Haven't heard of anyone doing it yet, is it possible?

I'm basically looking to get a custom turboback decat exhaust fitted, with the possibility of a hybrid turbo

Obviously need a remap to compliment the two, is this something you guys can help with?
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6+1 Gears

Status
    Yes it is possible. Turbo Dynamics and Allard are the first that come to my mind right now.
    Anyway, hybrid turbos, I've heard, are not as reliable as the normal ones. They tend to break quickly.
    Here in Romania there are a few people that had hybrids on their Audis and all of them broke down.
    I'm also thinking about changing the turbine but I would rather try to find and fit a bigger one than a hybrid.
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks Johnny, from what i read they were more reliable than the standard OEM ones....hmmmm

I'll be back!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Morning Johnny,

We have not supplied any hybrids for a 170 yet but we have mapped some where customer has supplied their own. This has been on Mk5 Golf's. For the exhaust system we can offer a Milltek which is 481.61 for the cat back and the DPF bypass is 379.

We can offer a hybrid turbo which is 1045 + vat. You will also need new gaskets, oil etc. Custom mapping for this would be 599.

Gains are usually around the 250/260 mark with 350/360llft of torque.

Ben

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

6th Gear

Status
    Morning Ben,

Cheers for that, i spoke to Simon at the Surrey AMD and he mentioned that a map and the Milltek DPF delete would give about 220-230bhp

Should be enough foe me

I'll be back!!!

1st Gear

Status
    The DPF delete is an awesome mod! Makes its so much quicker, a real transformation.

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

6th Gear

Status
    Sweet, think i'm sorted then

Simon seemed to think that the standard turbo would be good for about 220-230bhp?

I'll be back!!!

1st Gear

Status
    The ones we have done with the DPF bypass do make around that power and are fine.

6th Gear

Status
    So how much for the DPF delete and remap?

I'll be back!!!

1st Gear

Status
    The DPF is 780 fitted with a re-map.