Chris NottSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

1.8T Engine types & results from a Re-map!?

Hi!

I'm looking into a Re-map. You seem to be very competatively priced and have good feedback.

My question is though, looking at various data i've trawled through via the internet etc the AMK engine and BAM engine are identical. Is the only difference the boost pressure upped a little to produce the 225Hp over the 210Hp for the AMK.?

Why then is it not possible to see better results from a mapped AMK as the horsepower gains are more taking into consideration the 15Hp extra that the BAM has ontop of the AMK. Are both engines capable of the 270 "ish" Hp remap??

So hypothetically in total the 225 would be capable of say 270Hp an increase of 45Hp.

The AMK hypothetically capable of the same 270Hp giving an increase of 60Hp.

Am i on the right lines here or am i totally off the mark???

G

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hello,

The 225bhp cars have different injectors, turbo's, fuel pump etc. So they are not the same as the 150bhp and 180bhp hence why you cannot get the same power from just the re-map.

The 225 and 210 had different maps as standard and afew other slight changes. hence why you can only get about the same power out of them.

Ben

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

5th Gear

Status
    Hi Ben

I'm not sure if you've mis-understood me a little.

I'll try to explain better.

I have an AMK engine S3 Quattro. With 210Hp (209 exact).

I'm unsure of what "exact" differences are between my AMK engine and the BAM engine.

Does it mean that my AMK engine after a re-map will produce (hopefully) 270Hp, the same as what a BAM engine produces once it's been re-mapped.??

G

1st Gear

Status
    Morning,

your AMK engine will go up to the same power as a re-mapped BAM engine.

Is that the info you were after?

Ben
    Last edited by ben@amdessex; 12th March 2009 at 11:08.

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!