Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 Black Edition 140

Can you re-map a June 2011 model A3 140 Black Edition sportback and is it a straight forward re-map or do you have to mess around with the chip itself as I understood they could not be re-programmed so have you overcome this problem!! some people have mentioned a tuning box as they can be taken off when the car is serviced, is a remap detectable at service intervals.

Sorry for going on but what are the actual gains of this mod as I would like it purely for accelaration and torque through the rev range.

I live in the West Midlands who is my nearest dealer.

Many thanks.

Trev

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Good Morning Trev,

Sorry for the late reply, it is not meant to be ourselves (AmD Essex) that look after this forum.

Due to the year of your car we would need to remove the ECU and flash directly into it. I would avoid tuning boxes like the plague, same results can be given witha resistor from Maplins!

The dealer would struggle to tell we have been near the car and we have not had any customers report back that dealers have spotted with have been"playing" with the cars. Nor have we heard of any warranties been thrown out because of it.

The gains are very good on the 140 engine and it really transforms it. The figures we gain are about 40/45 bhp and 50/60 lbft of torque. The price of this is £399.95 inc vat. This also includes a road test with data logging to start with to make sure the car is performing as it should and there are no problems. We then carry out a before rolling road run to test standard power. The car is then mapped to suit your car. After this we finish with a final rolling road run so you have a print out of before and after power.

Not only will the car be much quicker but when driving around normally it will also gain better mpg. Obviously the mpg gain will differ depending on your driving style and driving conditions. The reason for the gain in MPG is due to the extra torque, due to the extra torque you don’t have to push the car as hard when driving around normally. The extra torque means you would require less throttle to get to your desired speed which means you use less fuel. Hope thatmakes sense, it is one of those things that is easier to explain by spoken word.

Ben

Last edited by ben@amdessex; 23rd June 2011 at 11:16.

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

2nd Gear

Status
    ben, im scheduled to be getting an 11 plate 1.6 tdi how much would i gain from a remap?

1st Gear

Status
    Hello Jason,

We are able to offer a remap for the 1.6Tdi. The remap would gain around 30bhp and 40lbft of torque. The price for this car is £399.95 inc vat

The car would be much quicker through the whole rev range, better throttle response and improved all round drivability. Not only will the car be much quicker but when driving aroundnormally they will also gain better mpg due to the added torque. Obviously the mpg gain will differ depending on your driving style and driving conditions.

The remap also includes a road testwith data logging to start with to make sure the car is performing as it should and there are no problems. We then carry out a before rolling road run to test standard power. The cars are then mapped on the road as well as the dyno to suit your cars. After this we finish with a final rolling road run so you have a print out of before and after power.

Due to your car being brand new model we “may” not be able to carry out remap at the moment. The problem is it will depend on the software coding of the ECU. It is more than likely that it will be fine to do but I would rather pre-warn you just incase we can’t do the remap. The only way we will know 100% is when the car is here.

Ben
    Last edited by ben@amdessex; 23rd June 2011 at 11:15.

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

2nd Gear

Status
    excellent mate cheers for that