Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Audi a3 8p tdi 170 quattro Remap

Hi, how much will it cost to map my audi tdi 170 quattro? also wot gains will i be looking at? also r their n e thing i cud do to hav some power gains?

Thanks

Will

2. # ADS
    ADS

Just Looking

Status
    Will they will probably want to know is it a PD or Common Rail??

PD's are not so good as the DPF can be an issue. I'm pretty sure for instance that REVO won't touch the PD's now.

Have you got some keys missing off of your keyboard???
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Neutral

Status
    Ummmm..... Im not sure if it's a PD or Common Rail. How can i find out?

I hope i can get my car mapped :-S

Just Looking

Status
    Have a look at the sticker inside your service book that will have the engine code on it.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Neutral

Status
    Just had a look and it says the engine code is BMN, is that good or bad?

I swear quite a few people with 170 tdi engine have their cars mapped?

Just Looking

Status
    BMN is PD I think.
    Stu.

Neutral

Status
    Oh pants. Well a few ppl have got their 170's mapped, so fingers crossed i can too. Just waiting for reply from AMD now :-)

1st Gear

Status
    Morning,

We are able to re-map the 170 diesel with very good results andno issues with the car or the DPF.

The 170 usually goes up to around 210-215bhp and gains an extra40-50 lbft of torque. This really does make a big difference to the performanceof the car with acceleration all the way through the rev range as well asmaking the car more drivable.
    You will also get better MPG due to the added torque the re-mapgives you, obviously we cannot give exact figures on the gain as it does dependon driving style and conditions.

The price is £399.95 inc vat which will also include before andafter rolling road runs with a print out. We also start off with a road testand data logging to make sure the car is running as it should and there are notissues. The 170’s are usually pretty good and we don’t normally find problemswith them. All of our re-maps are written to the car we are working on and notgeneric. The process takes around two and half to three hours and weusually only need a day or two’s notice.

Hope this helps but if you do have any further questions pleasedo not hesitate in contacting me.

Ben

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

Neutral

Status
    arhhh GOOD stuff, i will probs book an appointment to hav the car mapped sometime next month. Isit possible to wait around whilst the car is being mapped?

Thanks

Will

1st Gear

Status
    Morning Will,

Most people go for a stroll around Lakeside etc while the remap is done as it is only 5 minutes walk away.

Ben

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

1st Gear

Status
    I am also going to go for this remap as well as a friend in the next few months and cant wait, i conacted possibly 4 compaines with not much success in the way of a reply or any comfort in taking the next steps in tuning but ben put my mind at rest and answered all of my silly questions