Chris NottSky Insurance
    Erf
    1st Gear

Status
    Hi Guys,

I bought a climate control unti for an A4 (B5 2001) from ebay with the anticipation of swapping the whole unit for my s3 (8L) one, but it's not the same part.

The part number is 8D0 820 043 Q and all the buttons are in excellent condition. I have not tested the unti as it would not fit my s3, but the ebay seller has assured me it's working. Worst case scenario, if you have worn buttons on your unit, you can just swap the buttons over (they just pop out with a flat bladed screw driver).

Only £35 - you can pick it up from me or I can courier it to your for £5

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    May I know if this is really possible to just pop out these button with a flat bladed screw driver? I am interested.

Erf
    1st Gear

Status
    Yes it is possible, if you have a search on on 8L forum, you will find a few people have done this. Obviously you need to take a bit of care when you're trying to prise off the buttons so you don't scratch the facia, but if you're patient, you'll be fine.
    Silver 2002 S3 - Alloy Mirrors - RNS-E - Parrot MKI9200 - Beesting Ariel - Stealth Catch Can - S2000 Air Filter - R32 Rear ARB

Oyster Grey 2008 A6 Avant S-Line 2.0TDI DPF