Audi S3 Quattro 2001 (March 2001) Facelift for sale.
Metallic Black with Black leather Recaro interior.
Registration Y933 XER (AMK engine code/210 bhp) HPI Clear.
143k miles with Audi/Audi specialist/Self Service history - Oil and filters changes at every 5000 miles by myself. All major mechanical and suspension/chassis work carried out at either Audi, Midland Volkswagen or Stealth Racing. Receipts for everything.
Tax until 31 Jan 2013
MOT until July 31st 2013
I have had this car for about 6 years and absolutely love it, a new job in Austria forces sale.
I have spared no expense in its upkeep, the oil/filters are changed at 5000 miles and the car is washed and polished every week. Since purchasing the car it has been taken only to the best independent garages (Midland VW and Stealth Racing) The interior is in superb condition, with the exterior being in good condition (When polished up it looks awesome!). The engine bay is immaculate, with all new silicone hoses and uprated recirc valve. The bay has to be seen!
I have spent so much time and money on this car I alway get compliments on the car and will be sad to see it go. It pulls like a train, handles immaculately and loves to be driven….if i wasn't moving to Austria i would not be selling.
Happy for any driveway inspection. For test drives relevant insurance will be necessary (the car is insured until November, from then on I will have to arrange daily insurance for myself…hence serious buyers ONLY)
please call or email Joe for more info:
- 07971 467 802
Serious enquiries only.
£2,400 ono (price takes into account negatives listed below)
Car has the following standard OEM extras from new:
• Heated Recaro seats
• Centre arm eest
• Bose sound system - 6 cd changer (will include iPod FM transmitter also)
• Solid polished aluminium wing mirrors
I have fitted the following additional extras ( the car looks very OEM and is very subtle/stealth)
• 18" Rs4 Wheels Black. Brand new tyres fitted 2 months ago (4 x Continental Sport Contact 5 cost over £600!)
• Black Diamond front Discs / Ferodo performance pads front / Goodridge braided hoses front - Brand new OEM rear discs and pads
• Bilstein B8 Suspension with H&R Springs & H&R ARB's Front and Rear
• No expense spared on suspension refit last year, new bushes (super pro) all round, new tie rods and adjustable tie rods rear (Solid stainless steel) plus 4 wheel laser alignment.
• Solid stainless steel adjustable tie bars for correct camber adjustment
• Forge 007 recirculating valve
• Forge Silicon Hoses (Red)
• s3 8p (new style s3 gear knob)
• Forge TIP Red and OEM panel filter (photoed with Badger 5 TIP, this will not be fitted/being sold separately)
• Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror
• Aero Wiper Arms & Wiper Blades (front & rear) from Mk IV Golf + Polo (Purchased New from VAG)
• Audi TT Pedals
• 8P S3 Gearknob & Gator
• LCR Front Splitter
• Carbon fibre engine cover
• Carbon fibre 3m wrap on door side strips and rear bumper insert (looks awesome)
• Richbrook Smoked aluminium tyre valves
• Richbrook aluminium tax disc holder
The car has also had the following recent work carried out: • Transmission Fluid Replaced (front & rear)
• Haldex Serviced
• Full Service (NGK Iridiums, Audi Filters, Castrol edge etc + New colipacks from Audi)
• Rear Wiper/Washer Assembly Replaced
• New Reinforced Clutch Pedal & Switch
• Injectors Cleaned
• Wiper linkage new from Audi replaced 3 weeks ago
• 2 new front bearings
• all new front suspension bushes (super pro/OEM)
• Cambelt/waterpump/oil pump were replaced 2 years ago along with new tappets, VVT unit and cam chain. This was a serious amount of work and bill! Cam-belt is good for at least another 30k or 4 years
I am honest so here are the negatives…..I have taken all these into account for the asking price (£2400 ono)….sensible offers only!
• The car is leaking coolant from somewhere. I have had this looked at by midland VW and they told me that if it is the head gasket it would cost £600-£700 to put right on this engine. I have to top it up approx 100-200ml every 1000 miles. They tested the car and said that the temp was very stable, hardly moved under heavy load. I would have had this repaired although they said that the car will be fine and to wait (what could be months/years) until it started showing more symptoms of head gasket failure before having the work done. The Car pulls like a train and runs absolutely perfectly despite this slight leak.
• On cold starts the engine knocks slightly for about 1-2 seconds then runs perfectly. I think this is related to the coolant.
• There are some small dents from car parks etc….one worse than all the other on the front nearside wing.
• When braking slightly you can feel a slight flutter from the brakes (this happens very rarely…perhaps once every 50 miles…. and is only when the brake pedal is applied very slightly, not on heavy or normal braking at all) This started after the new wheel bearings were fitted and i have been told that the car needs a new wheel/brake sensor fitted (costs £40) as the old one was a little worn….car passed MOT with this.
• Paint bobbles on roof gutters near side and rear tailgate by number plate
The car will come with
2 x remote key fobs.
1 x Service key
1 x Full document wallet with service book, receipts, invoices.
Tax until 31 Jan 2013
MOT until July 31st 2013
Located near Solihull B93 0PJ