Regrettably up for sale is my 2001 Ming Blue Audi S3.
Colour: Ming Blue
Engine size: 1.8T
Fuel type: Petrol (I use Super Unleaded)
Transmission: Manual 6Speed Manual
Mileage:105,500 (Will rise slightly as still in daily use)
MOT:End December 2012
Tax: End June 2012
Price: £4,850 ovno
The car benefits from a full and up to date service history as per Audi's recommendations for service intervals and quite a few receipts for work undertaken by Awesome GTi.
· 13,200 – Smith Knight Fay Audi
· 25,571 – Smith Knight Fay Audi
· 37,216 – Smith Knight Fay Audi
· 48,591 – Awesome GTi (Timing Belt / Waterpump etc)
· 63,792 – Awesome GTi
· 77,721 – Awesome GTi
· 88,100 – BX Auto’s
· 95,400 – BX Auto’s
· 99,032 – Autohaus Edinburgh Ltd (Timing Belt / Waterpump etc)
The car is fitted with a Nokia Bluetooth car kit, this plays through the speakers and auto mutes the head unit.
The car has the following optional extras
I have used Autohaus Edinburgh and undertaken all the major servicing since buying the car, only VAG genuine parts and fluids have been used, this includes;
- 6disk CD changer
- XENON Lights
- Drivers and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
- Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable/heated
- Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
- Decorative inserts in piano lacquer
- Power windows
- Rear seat bench/backrest, split folding
- Headlight with gas discharge lamp for driving on the left
- Instrument insert with mph speedometer, clock, tachometer and trip odometer
- Power steering
- Leather trimmed sports steering wheel for air bag system with "S" badge
- Multi-function display/on-board computerwith check control
- Side air bag front
- Electric height and backrest adjustment for both front seats
- Radio remote controlled central locking
- RECARO sports seats, front
- Windshield in heat-insulating glass withsunshield and viewing window for vehicleidentification number
Further work undertaken in my ownership
- Audi health check
- 4 No new coil packs fitted under product recall ( Approx £200 fitted)
- Full paint correction, pro detail.
- Timing Belt kit including tensioner, water pump, alternator belt, hydraulic tensioner and coolant.
- New coolant temperature sensor
- Haldex oil and filter change
- Minor Service with Audi grade 5w30 oil
- Renewed brake fluid
- Gear box oil changed
I intend to have the front bumper and tailgate painted as the front bumper was reversed into with a tow ball at Christmas, has left a small indentation but needs sorting. The tailgate has developed some corrosion, a common fault but while the bumper is being done, I'll have it sorted as well.
- Stripped and serviced off side rear brake calliper (was sticky)
- Cleaned and serviced engine oil pick up (preventative maintenance)
- Replaced 2 No front CV boots
- 2 New rear springs (Genuine Audi)
- 2 No Falken ZE-912 tyres (front)
- 4 wheel laser alignment
If the buyer wishes to have this work carried out themselves then the price can be negotiated accordingly.
It's a fantastic car, very subtle, quick, and still returns good MPG for the performance.
If you have any further questions or would like a chat / more photo's, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Selling due to a change in personal circumstances, I now need a diesel estate car.
I am based in Edinburgh.