EM TuningAH Fabrications
    imported_Kaleel

RS6 tyres. Can\'t get \'em!

Hi,

I'm new to the board having only recently bought the RS6. What a belter!

Anyway, I need some new tyres and have only managed to get one of the 19" Continentals that it needs. They appear to be on back order everywhere. Could anyone recommend some high performance tyres like the Continentals? I used to use Bridgestone Potenza SO3's on my modified Toyota Supra, but am not 100% sure whether they'd be the best for the RS6.

Any ideas about alternatives?

Cheers,
    Kaleel.

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_Kaleel

Re: RS6 tyres. Can\'t get \'em!

Sounds good. I know some of the Supra boys had P-Zeros.

Anyone know what the differences between all the tyres are? I know some are softer than others and have different tread patterns, but there must be more to it than that.

Cheers,
    Kaleel.

1st Gear

Status

Kaleel,

You could try

www.blackcircles.com

or

www.mytyres.co.uk

which seem to be pretty decent pricewise and give some reviews on the tyres.

Happy hunting !

Reverse Gear

Status

Kwik Fit have a 4 for the price of 3 offer on Pirelli's right now...think it ends 1st August though.

With that kind of deal a set can be pretty damn competitive [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

imported_Kaleel

Hi Gareth,

That sounds look a good deal. Just when I'd committed to a set of 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 2's from Hi Q! Typical. Mind, everyone reckons the pilot 2's are the dog's meat & 2 veg, so I'll let you know what they're like.

Cheers,
    Kaleel.

Reverse Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    paultaylor said:
    you gotta get a set of Pirelli P-Zero ROSSOs 92Y compound, drove an RS6 a few weeks ago with them, it was sick! wet or dry!

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the f#*k away from [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif[/img]Pirellii's the were santadrd fit on the RS4 no that great in the wet and we get plenty of that up here and they tracked and pulled the car as if you were gonig into pot holes even going over the white line. i changed to Goodyear F1's and the handeling change was amazing no tramlining great in the wet or dry and 15k+ miles and thats with a day at Knockhill currently tring Hankook Ventus K104s Cheaper by 50 a tyre and so far no complants but if it turns out to be a false econamy i'll go back to the Goodyear's

imported_Kaleel

Well, I've plumped for some Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. They seem to get around about the same sort of write up as the Goodyear F1's. Is it the GS-D3 you've got? I considered those too.

This is an interesting resource: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...y.jsp?type=MP.

More in depth reviews than you normally get. More information than the bloody Michelin site!

Cheers,
    Kaleel.

Reverse Gear

Status

I've got the Pilot Sport 2s on my S4 and they are much better than the Contis the car came with. I'd be very surprised if you found them disappointing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Hi....Yep, you made a great choice with the Michelin PS2's, I have 255x35x19 PS2's fitted, far far better than Conti's & much improved over the original Michelin Pilot Sports
    Regards
    WayneUK [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]