RS6 Running on empty??

Mad Moules

My car is the one thats on fire!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hoping some of you might be able to help me, I'm planning on a bit of a Top Gear style adventure across a few countries... France, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Sweeden and finall Norway! :superman:The plan is to drive all the way up to Bergen for a nice bowl of muscles (best i've ever eaten).

Now on the way up it will be a sort of scenic pootle from Jeresy to Norway - thanks to the missus (honeymoon was in Norway etc etc:whistle2:).

But on the way back its going to be a bit erm... more brisk!! :racer:

So I was wondering if any of you guys (RS6 owners) know roughly how far you get on tank till the petrol light comes on - for normal driving in the UK (sticking to speed limits and stuff). Its not easy for me to go by mine as being in Jersey I'm only meant to be doing 40mph - which is way under propper cruise speeds everywhere else. I tend not to go by what the book says it will do as they probbably don't get stuck in traffic, or behind a caravan on a lane when they benchmark the figures.

Also if anyone has been frugal enough to work out what the best average speed is for long distance travels then that would also be fantastic info.

It should be a good work out for the old beast... I think there might be a length of Autobahn on the way...!:drool:

Cheers

possible to do 450+miles at about 75-80 mph on a good run. I can adverage 20-25 mpg on the motorway but its down to 12 mpg around town and then down to an adverage 6-8 mpg down country lanes:weight_lift2:! But mine is far from standard so guess you will do alot better in a standard car.

Thanks for the info, I'm glad I asked as I was worried I'd have to refuel every 250 miles - like I do over here! I always knew the local traffic in Jersey would mess up my fuel bill :gun2:, but if I can get anywhere near 400 miles between stops then the trip will be much more fun.:yahoo:

Now I need to decide if I should buy a new set of tyres, mine are getting on a bit and there is at least 200 miles of unrestricted Autobahn I need to cross on the German leg of my trip. One part is a 100 mile continuous run... and I've got a heavy right foot!:jump: And of course I need to come back the same way to get home:salute:

Thanks again

sounds fun. You might like to know that around the 160mph mark the rs6 changes gear into 5th :wtf:ready for the next boost of power of the turbos! You will be amazed how stable the car is at 170+ mph. But you will also use a tank of fuel in about 10minutes at this speed!