Buckled wheels X 2

marmite

Counting the Tesco Club points
Reaction score
OK had to front tyres fitted yesterday

He called me over to watch my egg shaped wheel going round on the balancing machine how upsetting, both front wheels are buckled

£610 at Audi

May look for a set of MTM's now

dude, I know the pain... Audi wanted something stupid when I found out I had 2. Seems to be a problem with them...

I say go get a nice set of 20's.. or shout at the deal saying they sold the car to you with them on...

Didn't RS4's have the same problem. What's wrong with Audi alloys?

Spoke to Audi UK today and will see what they say!!
Played it cool with them and just told them the bare facts

Will see what they say
I say go get a nice set of 20's

Just bought 2 new front tyres so sticking with the 19's like the MTM alloys but they want £1400 for the set

c2fa_1.JPG

I like these

Are the standard RS6 rims just an aluminium alloy, or are they an aluminium/magnesium alloy?

NO idea MAte!
All I know is they cost £600 each and buckle easy too easy

On one of the inside faces of the spokes, it will either have "Al Si7 wa" for standard aluminium alloy, or the same letters, but with "Mg" added for the magnesium/aluminium alloys.

I have spoken to Audi in grate depth and they are saying there is no Know issue with RS6 alloys buckling

So I just bought another set an we shall see how they go!

marmite said:
I have spoken to Audi in grate depth and they are saying there is no Know issue with RS6 alloys buckling

So I just bought another set an we shall see how they go!

Hmmm - what Audi (and all manufacturers actually, Reno Clio bonnet catches come to mind) actually communicate to their paying customers, and what they actually "know" - can sometimes be very different!

I'm personally not aware of any issues on the RS6 rims, but on the B5 RS4, the oringal rims seemed to have the strength of a chocolate teapot.

It might be worth your while asking over on www.rs246.com (mainly UK based), or www.rs6.com (mainly European) - where there are a lot more RS owners - and you might get a greater insite into the issue.

BTW, did you manage to check to see if they were a magnesium alloy?

Rgds

Teutonic_Tamer said:
Hmmm - what Audi (and all manufacturers actually, Reno Clio bonnet catches come to mind) actually communicate to their paying customers, and what they actually "know" - can sometimes be very different!

I'm personally not aware of any issues on the RS6 rims, but on the B5 RS4, the oringal rims seemed to have the strength of a chocolate teapot.

It might be worth your while asking over on www.rs246.com (mainly UK based), or www.rs6.com (mainly European) - where there are a lot more RS owners - and you might get a greater insite into the issue.

BTW, did you manage to check to see if they were a magnesium alloy?

Rgds

I have spoken to people on RS246

I had the buckle wheel issue with the RS4...it was funny they first said it was designed like that so the suspension wouldn't get damaged! then they offered a different type of compound alloy wheel..;-)

There are now about 4 owners who have had the same issue, one of which got some money from Audi UK goodwill, I got £100 vouchers

I used to work for Audi for 8.5 years before jumping ship to Porsche 18months ago so have a fairly good relationship with them dealers/Audi UK

I spoke to Technical and they have not had complaints about the wheels buckling, it was easier and less effort just to get another set and then try again, if these go again then I will look further into it

I won't get a chance to look at my wheels untill next week the mrs is driving it about.

Ordered myself a set of Orignal RS6 Plus alloys
Will post up a pic when they arrive