Warranty Question

natedog

Reaction score
ok here is one for you, are the shocks covered under the audi extended warranty and also if you haev a gearbox leak round the Propshaft, would that be covered as well.

Also all have a merry christmas

shocks no, leaking gearbox yes.

Check the details of your extended warranty for full details really, as i know theres a cutoff for certain items depending on the cars mileage and age.

Also, depending on when you bought the car, you may be able to get some stuff over and above the warranty, due to it not being in a fit condition for sale.

well i bought the car some 4-5 months ago but only done like 500 miles in it max due to working away for 6 months of the year, it looks like it has been leaking for some time, this just continues the bad luck I have had with this car form when I got it, I am kinda loosing faith with Audi right now. I have never had all these problems with any car I haev had before...

bbigman2000 said:
Sorry but my shocks and DRC valve were all replaced under warranty.
Id assume youd also get the gearbox seal replaced by them mate.

Cool thats great news, I can maybe see light at the end fo the tunnel, was a little worried I was going to be faced with a big repair bill.

how old is the car? I'd expect the shocks to be replaced under an original manufacturers warranty, but not a manufacturers extended warranty. They usually exclude components that they'd class as need replacing due to wear and tear.

Yeh, it is 2003 and it was replaced under audi extended warranty.

I think they will now admit that DRC is a problem area, and most dealerships will happily put in a claim and it will be granted.

well just wanted to give you all an update after a long chat(about 1 hour) with Audi UK on Firday, I have to say their customer support managers are great, they asked me to explain all the problems I had been having with my RS6, also they confirmed all the problems I have are covered under the warranty. They then asked me which dealer I would like to use, so I told them, they then went on to talk to the Service Manager Direct to ensure they kn ow its not a normal warranty job and that they would be keeping an eye on it as I was not happy with the dealer I bought it from, so the Service manager is now dealing with my car personnaly, also he said they would pick the car up and drop it all back free of charge. Which impressed me. So its now all booked in and they are going to sort the reported problems out and also give the car a going over as well and will do any other work that is needed.

The Customer Service guy at Audi UK, also went on to say they would monitor the progress on the car and also keep me up dated about it. This has restored my faith in Audi no end, but I will wait and see if I get a call back with an update as well.

Would just like to say thanks to Si (Marmite) for giving me the number and also giving me some good advice...

Will keep you all posted on how I get on with them. But I have a good feeling the car will all be sorted and in good shape for when I get home..

thats good,

how much does the warrenty cost if a car doesnt currently have one on it?

J

Im not sure how much it would cost or even if you could buy warranty if the car did not already haev it, Marmite might be able to help out with this question.

Nice one nate.

If your warranty runs out, I dont think you can renew with Audi themselves.

If you renew then your somewhere between 900 and 1500 per year depends on mileage, im just about to renew mine, end of january, will let the forum know what it costs.

Warranty can be renewed at your dealership if you want , make sure you do it before the old warranty expires
there are 2 price ranges depending on mileage
1.£1300
2.£1500ish

I can't remember now

I was told the prices are as follows

if you do upto 15k a year it is about : £1000

if you do more than 15k a year its about £1500

So I will be going for option 1. as my last car only did 6000 miles in 3 years...

ok right here is the update, the car was collected this morning from my house and taken to the audi dealer in question.

I get a phone call just after lunch telling me what they haev found so far that needs to be replace.

1, Prop shaft and seal (think I heard her right or it could just be the seal)
2, Some control valve thing for the suspension, needs 2 of these
3, New Shocks, all four of these.

Was very please that they talked to me and gave me all the info I wanted, this was the good news. Then I get hit with the following that is not covered under warranty

1, New Front Alloys, it needs 2 of these (as they are both buckled) cost £570 each
2, Front Offside needs new rubber (has a punchture) cost £280

So I know I had a slow flat as it was picked up by my mate who looked the car over, so already haev this sorted for £150. But the 2 buckled wheels im not very happy about, as from day one when it first went back I reported this to the other dealer and they just told me it was the way the car handled. So not knowing any different just excepted. So I left a messaged for the guy dealing with my stuff at Audi UK to call me, god I hope they help me out with this else its going to cost me a load to get the car back.. I have to say that Audi UK so far haev been great to me...

Nat
Sorry I missed your calls buddy just check my phone, Bell me in around 12ish if you want.

Shame about the wheels but as long as you mentioned it and the dealer documented it, crawley Audi should stump up the dosh They may have no choice if Audi uk get involed.....Stand your ground with out getting to mad and you will be fine..Chat tom!!

well im hoping to get it sorted out next week else im in 2 minds right now to sell the car.... so unhappy with it all