Remap on the RS6

bbigman2000

Mugello Blue RS6 Saloon 03
Reaction score
Website
www.moraysecurity.com
Hi guys, well im considering this, can I hear from somone hear that has done it, just the first stage gearbox and ecu remap.

What sort of difference did you notice in the car and where in the rev range ?

Cheers Guys.

Well I'm saving and me and Natedog have been talking about this for a while.
I drove the RS6+ as we had it as a trade in...you can feel the difference and I want togo to 500bhp it is a must......very important I must save!!!!

The + is 480bhp, but just felt so different..it hadn't been played with and I was going to swap the control units over..Naughty naughty..BUT have no link for the immo coding once swapped....Shucks!!!!

It felt smoother and the power felt from a lower rev range..I want a re-map!!

NO I NEED a re-map...drove my mates 997T again and I want to keep up with him now, he just got back from germany and got 199mph on the road angel!!! not fair I want one too...!! (sorry I'm in that mood today)

AMD are the boys, but prob along way for you to come??
Make a weekend out of it??

See if they will do a deal on 3 RS6 stage 1

50bhp and 50lb/ft torque Cheap Cheap Cheap they are doing a deal!!

ok cool mate, I am really interested in doing that.

shall I drop them a email and see what they can offer us for 3 stage 1's ?

Im just in the midst of buying a house so its a bad time, but if you could wait 3-4 weeks maybe.

That would give me chance to get 4 new tyres fitted and make plans to come down for an over nighter.

Just going on past experience from other cars, 50bhp does make a substantial difference its actually the gearbox that intrigues me !!

Its a clever bit of kit, but could be sharper !

cool
just checking under the matress and should be ok depending on the price!!

Will have to wait for santa to come and go now..........Been spending on the mini...oopppssss

yer im looking around beginning of feb time... so want the remap and the full exhaust and sports cats.... Want to hear the V8 noise....

ive heard amd a good, they are quite close to me but i would travel, also kim collins has a good reputation

J

For those thinking of doing a Stage 1, don't hesitate, DO IT !
It makes such a difference in the mid-range, you now get a massive wave of torque which lurches the car forward, so 70-120 is in an instant.
Having driven a standard RS6 for a few days recently, there's absolutley no comparison, they feel so sluggish.
Anyone local to me is welcome for a demo :)

Don't know if there's still action on this thread but have just bought my RS6 and am looking at getting it stage 3 remapped and am assured it takes it to roughly 515 bhp and more to the point get about 12-15% improvement on the MPG...any of this true?

just had mine done at AMD thurrock got to say what a diffrence esecially in manaul can hold gears for longer and mpg gone up too but goes down even faster when gunning it stage three should be more than that give shaun a ring at AMD

I had mine done at MRC before the summer and WOW - the difference is huge!
A stage 3 will break the 500hp barrier but whether mpg is improved is highly debateable. With the added power and more importantly the torque you're not likely to sit at 70 are you?!!

Eddie, have you spoken to Doug at MRC regards your stage 3 plans?

I had mine done at MRC before the summer and WOW - the difference is huge!
A stage 3 will break the 500hp barrier but whether mpg is improved is highly debateable. With the added power and more importantly the torque you're not likely to sit at 70 are you?!!

Eddie, have you spoken to Doug at MRC regards your stage 3 plans?

What's the stage 3 MRC tune consists of? Is that with new downpipes as well as the remap?
Dean