anybody any idea if this is normal cost me £900 !!! @ the
main dealer.... the backs need doing in the next 3000 miles
shocking ...I do not drive on the brakes and never needed
new disks before on other cars !!!
should i contact Audi coustomer service ??:scared2:

get disc measurements off them??
£900 sounds about right though
Had the pads damaged the disc?? you need to ask them more questions

i would say for pads and discs with audi main dealer labour rates thats about right.

ta will get the details from main dealer
should they last longer than 15000
under normal driving conditions

not sure if they should last longer than 15000 miles, my rs4 had new pads on when i got it, 2000 miles later, I've had to change them, but it is driven hard.

can anyone recommend aftermarket ones that are anygood??
£250 for a set of pads is very expensive....cheaper for 996 Turbo with ceramic brakes on it.....

Do AMD do brakes at decent prices

Ive just bought a saloon, and it has the drilled discs all round the bill is here they were only fitted a 1000 miles ago £2400 for the back and front new cross drilled discs with pads.

The cross drilled discs were an option when buying Rs6's new but they look a world better trust me.

I have had my Avant for 3 years , done 81,000 miles and had the discs and pads changed at 60,000. It all depends on how you drive it. i do a lot of motrway work amd always drive in Tiptronic so use the engine to slow down. Upgraded to drilled discs and have had no problems.
Franky I cannot find another car better to change to so have decided to keep this until it dies or I do. With Milteck exhauust and cats stage 3 530 bhp who needs anything else. Sounds great to.

Mud, you know what im the same, I just cannot see any other car that can matcht the RS6, there is an M5 but hey you cant over take in the rain !!

And it would have to be soo soo soo good to be better than the 6.

;):scared2: yeah no point in brakes... they only slow you down....

For those that need to slow down faster than engine braking at occasionally..... on a car to car basis RS6s tend to eat brakes quicker then most......with similar driving styles..... so Ive heard..... allegedly.....perhaps.:shrug: