Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3

    Spark plug stuck in RS6 V10

    Has anyone had similar issue and if so, how did you resolve it?Audi dealership claiming this could cost £2k to fix

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Rodders.'s Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    156
    Keep applying penetrating oil over a few days. Should release then. Had it with a bleed nipple on a caliper. The bolt was almost rouding i was having to try so hard to undo it. I kept spraying it with penetrating oil all week and then it undid. Dont use WD40, use proper penetrating oil. I always use a bit of anti seize compound on the new plugs too. Saves them getting stuck in the future.
    Audi A4 Avant 2.0TFSI 2009 S-Line

  4. #3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3

    Plug stuck in RS6 V10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders. View Post
    Keep applying penetrating oil over a few days. Should release then. Had it with a bleed nipple on a caliper. The bolt was almost rouding i was having to try so hard to undo it. I kept spraying it with penetrating oil all week and then it undid. Dont use WD40, use proper penetrating oil. I always use a bit of anti seize compound on the new plugs too. Saves them getting stuck in the future.
    Thanks Rodders. This is exactly what was done to free it. I asked why they don't check them before 65000 and Audi said it was due to them taking 3 hours to remove and also they shouldn't need it as they are platinum

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4
    hi scoobydoo,
    I`m about to buy an 09 rs6 any other issues you have found with yours?

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4
    V10 ISSUES ARE THERE ALOT?

  7. #6
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegarrard View Post
    hi scoobydoo,
    I`m about to buy an 09 rs6 any other issues you have found with yours?
    The spark plug issue was the only one I had in two years of ownership apart from the obvious fuel costs.
    Fantastic car. Was sad to see it go

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo1098 View Post
    The spark plug issue was the only one I had in two years of ownership apart from the obvious fuel costs.
    Fantastic car. Was sad to see it go
    thanks Scooby!!!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. spark plugs
    By Danielson in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th September 2004, 17:02
  2. Spark Plugs
    By Bradley in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7th September 2004, 19:23
  3. Misfire and Spark Plugs under warranty
    By DuncS3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th August 2004, 10:39
  4. spark plugs....???????.....
    By smudgy57 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 15th July 2004, 17:33
  5. spark plugs
    By sahk in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th April 2004, 01:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO