Spark plug stuck in RS6 V10

scoobydoo1098

Reaction score
Has anyone had similar issue and if so, how did you resolve it?Audi dealership claiming this could cost £2k to fix

Keep applying penetrating oil over a few days. Should release then. Had it with a bleed nipple on a caliper. The bolt was almost rouding i was having to try so hard to undo it. I kept spraying it with penetrating oil all week and then it undid. Dont use WD40, use proper penetrating oil. I always use a bit of anti seize compound on the new plugs too. Saves them getting stuck in the future.

Keep applying penetrating oil over a few days. Should release then. Had it with a bleed nipple on a caliper. The bolt was almost rouding i was having to try so hard to undo it. I kept spraying it with penetrating oil all week and then it undid. Dont use WD40, use proper penetrating oil. I always use a bit of anti seize compound on the new plugs too. Saves them getting stuck in the future.

Thanks Rodders. This is exactly what was done to free it. I asked why they don't check them before 65000 and Audi said it was due to them taking 3 hours to remove and also they shouldn't need it as they are platinum

hi scoobydoo,
I`m about to buy an 09 rs6 any other issues you have found with yours?

hi scoobydoo,
I`m about to buy an 09 rs6 any other issues you have found with yours?

The spark plug issue was the only one I had in two years of ownership apart from the obvious fuel costs.
Fantastic car. Was sad to see it go