oh dear, accident

installer69

Reaction score
So I hit the chunk of concrete sticking out from the side of the road at 50mph!

I insisted that it go to a main agent for repairs much to the annoyance of my insurance company.

1 month later and they'd fitted two wheels, two tyres and done a wheel alignment!!!

Got it back, 80mph on the motorway moving back into the inside lane and it felt like the front had lost contact with the road (almost like aquaplaning or black ice)

Also the car shakes over rough roads and braking on rough roads very much like a convertible's scuttle shake.

They've taken it back (with a bit of arm twisting)

As you all know(?!?!) the front left shock is hydraulically connected to the rear right shock and vice-versa.

So they said the system must have been damaged by the accident and the fluid leaked out only after I'd collected the car!

I reminded them that I had told them about the 'moistness' on the alloy which I thought may have been brake fluid. Since the wheel was covered in fluid you would have thought that would have been a signal for further investigation.

They replaced the shock and I've got it back.

I'm still not happy.

**If any of you RS6 drivers live near me (Kent) is anyone free to take a spin to see what you think as a comparison to yours? I won't tell you what I'm unhappy with so as not to influence you?

There's a meet in Windor on Wednesday evening with two RS6 owners attending. I know it's not Kent but you've got an RS6 so you can drive there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif