Tuned RS6 C5 (2004) Brake upgrade

Sam DSG

Reaction score
Morning all!

I have a 2004 RS6 C5, the front brake pad indicator has come on and tbh the discs look pretty shot! Now i've been having a browse an considering the car is not stock (will update my signature asap!) i was thinking about upgrading the brakes. There are a few options, Brembo (3kish), Statsis (2.5k), Ap and UNIT20 do a 390mm upgrade disc but that utilises the OEM caliper (have emailed off a request for for a price), id guess the last option was the least expensive but does anyone have any experience with any of these set ups?

Cheers in advance

Sam

brembo the name says it all
ap are good
if you just want to upgrade the discs and pads go for ferodo ds2500 pads or performance friction
i have used these before on my evo and are very good
i used these on standard discs the stopping capability is miles better

Thanks for the reply

Yeah, brembo are king, but they come in at closer to 4K and thats just the fronts! :| For now discs and pads will probably be my best bet. I will go for a set of the ferodo's as ive seen a few other people enjoying there stopping capabilities and just wait and see what unit 20 say with regards to the disc

Ive got the 390mm option, ive got another pair of 390mm adapters for our 8 pots , that you could have for little money, i could also get you 2 x 390mm disc for a nice price.

I would say just buy audi rs4 b7 carriers and upgrade the discs to either rs4 stock 2 piece discs or AP Racing/Loba Motorsport 2 piece discs. Loba's discs are lighter and stronger but they use AP discs anyway, it's just the hat and bobbins that are custom made ! Here's my allroad with rs4 b7 brakes- don't be tempted to keep the standard pads, they are just ****e !

Ive got the 390mm option, ive got another pair of 390mm adapters for our 8 pots , that you could have for little money, i could also get you 2 x 390mm disc for a nice price.

what carriers are you using for the 390s?

custom made , alloy spacers for the oem carriers, which i also have extra...