gsm phone in '03 RS6

chef

Reaction score
the only phone available for my '03 is the moto V60. I would like to get a gsm phone that will operate through the stock system. does anyone have experience hacking the programing for this system....or any other bright ideas?
I hope this forum is as helpful as my MB ones.
looking forward to your ideas.

[ QUOTE ]
the only phone available for my '03 is the moto V60. I would like to get a gsm phone that will operate through the stock system. does anyone have experience hacking the programing for this system....or any other bright ideas?
I hope this forum is as helpful as my MB ones.
looking forward to your ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have retrofitted the complete Audi BT kit into my RS6 avant. I get BT connection for 4 phones, a cradle if needed ( dependant on phone ). Caller ID in the DIS and integration into my RNS-E navigation unit.

Craig

Yes, the kit is from an A3 that I have fitted.

Craig

If you've got details of parts and VagCom changes required to update the A3 RNS-E to Bluetooth phone capability the A3 8p boys would well appreciate it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ok stupid question how cna I tell if my RS has the car kit in it? or the bluetook kit? as I got what looks like a mic installed on the drivers side piller near the windscreen

The bluetooth bit is easy. Press the TEL button on your satnav and if it say "option not installed" then you havent got the BT kit.

The mic on the right pillar will 100% be an aftermarket kit, Nokia etc as the audi one is fitted above your head in the console next to the light.

Simon

ok thanks for the info will have a good hunt about when I get home, come to think of it I dont think I remember even seeing a Tel button on the headunit I have in the car...

nat
Hello mate

Phone kit will be in the centre arm rest mate, if the arm rest is empty and there is hole init don't worry, check next the handbrake in the little compartment for a black box you can plug a lead into there.

Have a look..in armrest