Volks AutosBadger5
    2nd Gear

Status

Might be buying a RS6 quick question.

I've found an RS6 that i quite fancy but i am a little worried that it's not what it seems. I went online to get an insurance quote and when i put the reg number in it came up as a S6? I'm going to look at it over the weekend is there a surefire way of proving it's a real RS6 and not an S6 modified into one? The seller has all documents etc and says it's hpi clear (i'll do my own checks as hpi is unreliable).
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Administrator

Status
    Vehicle Data Sticker(1) and the Vehicle Registration Certificate(2) and the HPI report itself (3) are your best bets I would say...

1) The Vehicle Data Sticker is usually affixed to the inside front-cover of the service record, and another copy inside the spare-wheel well. This lists all softs of information about the vehicle - there'll be a "Sales Type / Model" field somewhere toward the top of it - it's normally six characters, and will state exactly what model, configuration and trim level the car is. Additionally (and probably more simply) on this sticker, you'll have the engine and gearbox codes, if it's a C5 RS6 (the first one), it'll have BCY and an RS6+ BRV. I couldn't tell you the gearbox codes off the top of my head. It'll also show the full vehicle identification number...

2) ...Which should marry to that on the V5, which should also indicate that the model is RS6/RS6+/plus.

3) ...Which should marry to the HPI report confirming that the other paperwork you've seen is genuine and accurate.

It's fairly common for insurance 'poke your reg in here' boxes to be somewhat misinformed, particularly with models that never sold in massive numbers; very often they just get lumped into the next nearest thing which does have a category set-up. Hopefully this is just another case, but using the 3 bits of paper above you can get things a little clearer...

All the best,

Rob.
    Last edited by FactionOne; 11th August 2010 at 15:30.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Give me the reg of it now and I'll tell you if it's real.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

2nd Gear

Status
    I just popped in to the local Audi dealer and they confirmed it's a real one
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

4th Gear

Status
    Don't forget to update us with pictures, spec list etc if you do buy it. Oh and good luck with the purchase.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor