Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6

    RS4 Stolen in Sussex [Now Found]

    My first post on here, but I Just wanted to post a success story, rather than the norm...

    Last night, my RS4 was stolen at 2 am, they broke into the house whilst we where at home.

    I was still awake but heard nothing apart from the sound of my car starting and being thrashed up the road.
    They took the keys and my partners handbag etc..

    Anyway, 8 hours later it was recovered ( with thanks to Tracker ) 80 miles from where I live, parked up, obviously waiting to see if it arose suspicion or had a tracking device..

    Whilst im now wondering if its even worth having a nice car, just so some ********* can invade our family home to steal it... Im still thankful it was recovered, lets hope they can catch the b*****ds who stole it.

    The worst thing is, the house alarm was not set because I was still awake !
    Mind you, Im glad I didn't hear anything too early, who knows what I could be walking in to.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,810
    Atleast you and your family are safe I think that's he main thing.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour



  4. #3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    Yeah, thats definitely the main thing... after all, life V car... theres no comparison.

    I've just been told by CID that their is a group specifically targeting Audi's / Range Rovers around the south east..
    Lets hope my car can reveal something they don't already know.

    Its a horrible feeling, knowing some scumbag(s) have been wondering around your home whilst your kids are asleep, Ive read a few posts on here previously with similar circumstances... Boy am I glad the keys where easy for them to find.

  5. #4
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,354

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    So they still have your keys then?

    Glad to see a good result on here for a change !

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    Yes, they still have the keys... and obviously know where the car lives now too...
    Thats the first point of call before the car comes anywhere near my house again !

  7. #6
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    I would invest in some of those driveway security posts that will make life hard for anyone that tries again!

    I for one never leave the keys downstairs, if they want em they can come up stairs and get em, i will happily kill anyone that tries to attack me, my missis or my property in my own home.

    Glad your ok though mate, is everything ok with your car?, i know they tend to leave them parked for a few days before moving them on, but why don`t the police use the opportunity to follow your car and watch where it goes, then maybe they will catch the larger fish for a change!!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Glad your ok though mate, is everything ok with your car?, i know they tend to leave them parked for a few days before moving them on, but why don`t the police use the opportunity to follow your car and watch where it goes, then maybe they will catch the larger fish for a change!!
    It would make sense, but I suppose they then risk an even worse outcome, high speed chase, losing it or a major accident...

    Unfortunately apart from the a very brief description of 'it looks ok' Ive yet to see the car, it will be a good few days until they have finished dusting it etc, at which point, its going straight to Audi for all the keys etc to be changed... I certainly hope its un-harmed, otherwise Ill wish they never found it :-(
    As good as some companies are, im not a fan of paintwork, especially on my pride and joy...

    Of course, thats excluding the obvious thrashing it was given whilst cold :-(

  9. #8
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by SWUK View Post
    It would make sense, but I suppose they then risk an even worse outcome, high speed chase, losing it or a major accident...

    Unfortunately apart from the a very brief description of 'it looks ok' Ive yet to see the car, it will be a good few days until they have finished dusting it etc, at which point, its going straight to Audi for all the keys etc to be changed... I certainly hope its un-harmed, otherwise Ill wish they never found it :-(
    As good as some companies are, im not a fan of paintwork, especially on my pride and joy...

    Of course, thats excluding the obvious thrashing it was given whilst cold :-(
    I think if my car got nicked i would sooner them keep it.

    At least then with gap insurance i get the full money back i paid and can buy something else.

    Plus i don`t think it would feel the same, like you say you cannot guarentee they had not caused any damage, but i suppose they would have to sell it on, so maybe they will have looked after it for you.


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  10. #9
    BillTheButcher's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    132
    Very sorry to hear this.

    Was it taken from your drive or the road outside your house?

  11. #10
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    It was taken from the driveway..

    They where also clearly not bothered if somebody was in or not, which makes me think they where prepared for anything.

    The car was driven away about 5 minutes after an upstairs light was turned off, even though a light was on downstairs (which would be apparent from outside) and they probably walked past a window to a room which I was sat in... so they must have seen me sat there too...

  12. #11
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,722
    A very sobering thread!! I hate stories like this, and as you mentioned...makes you dubious about owning such a car. Sucks though doesn't it that the scum are winning when we think like that.

    Hope you get it back and all is good mate. As mentioned, a garden/ drive post might be a good investment. How did they get into the house though? Was a door unlocked?

    It makes me shiver


  13. #12
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    Im defo sold on the idea of a driveway post, thats probably the best deterrent, being in plain sight, they will more than likely drive on by, looking for the next poor soul who owns a car on their most wanted list.

    As for getting in, well thats my own stupidity, back door was unlocked.. BUT... I was awake and downstairs with my dog asleep by my feet, neither of us heard anything until it was too late ! Like I say, they would have walked past a wide open window to the room I was sat in browsing the web (so it was quiet too)

    Needless to say, Ive stepped up the security but its a little too late for that now !

  14. #13
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by SWUK View Post
    Im defo sold on the idea of a driveway post, thats probably the best deterrent, being in plain sight, they will more than likely drive on by, looking for the next poor soul who owns a car on their most wanted list.

    As for getting in, well thats my own stupidity, back door was unlocked.. BUT... I was awake and downstairs with my dog asleep by my feet, neither of us heard anything until it was too late ! Like I say, they would have walked past a wide open window to the room I was sat in browsing the web (so it was quiet too)

    Needless to say, Ive stepped up the security but its a little too late for that now !
    Bloody hell mate, no one thinks it will happen to them until it does!

    Cant have anything nice these days, dont want to scare you but did you read a few weeks back them two blokes that broke into that couples home, raped the blokes missis and then tortured him, only after 3 hours did they take his audi, her golf and her handbag.. M*****r F****s want hanging.

    And they wonder why these kids/burglers, are killed when attacking people in their homes, you just would`nt hesitate would you.

    Anyway all i can say is that i wish i had your RS4! (when were you putting them posts up again?) lol
    Last edited by Dazmo; 3rd June 2010 at 15:36.


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO