2005 Audi RS4 finally breaks cover

I

imported_ndrummond

This week's Auto Sport und Motor (published in Germany) has a full feature on Audi's new model strategy and includes among other models a story about and pictures of the new RS4. It looks terrific. I will get a copy of the magazine as soon as it's availabale in the UK and post pictures here. I expect the article to carry reliable information on the launch date, final spec and likely cost.

There are few pictures on Autobild.de with it testing.

http://www.autobild.de

Nothing much to look at really. Hopefully the piccies in AM&S are more complete.

58033.jpg
58034.jpg
58035.jpg
58036.jpg
58037.jpg
58038.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ oh sorry i fell asleep while checking out the pictures god it's dull i really hope this is not the new RS4 body, if it is i'll be looking else were come on audi beef it up a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Just heard this is not the B7 RS4 but the S4 currantly testing the B& RS4 in the USA by all reports much more aggressive stiyling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:
It's a nice looking car but it doesn't really say 'RS' to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

second that- although I do like the avant in the last pic...

new rs4 is a flat 4.2 not an fsi puts out 420bhp and have also heard the rumor that they will stop trying to load the cars with bigger engines and will concetrate on lowering weight and giving better handling making them faster

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

I don't believe you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
xmaslolly said:
new rs4 is a flat 4.2 not an fsi puts out 420bhp and have also heard the rumor that they will stop trying to load the cars with bigger engines and will concetrate on lowering weight and giving better handling making them faster

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I've heard about the new RS4 points to the new FSI 4.2 NOT the existing V-8 lump. According to a post on RS6.com, the new RS4 was shown to a bunch of German dealers two weeks ago and they were told no turbos, naturally aspirated FSI. There's a very good reason for this choice too: fuel economy. The 4.2 that's currently in the S4 drinks way too much gas compared to a BMW M3. A tuned version of this would probably bring the combined cycle to about 17 mpg. That's simply unacceptable these days. The RS4 is meant to be an everyday supercar, but won't be if it drinks more juice than a Hummer. If Audi have found a way to put more power in it without compromising fuel economy, I'll be the first to try it.

dont know about fuel economy i ahvent been given the figure for that yet but is definatly a flat 4.2 bi turbo and not an fsi

[ QUOTE ]
The 4.2 that's currently in the S4 drinks way too much gas compared to a BMW M3. A tuned version of this would probably bring the combined cycle to about 17 mpg. That's simply unacceptable these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mines tuned and the mpg is at least as good if not better than stock. It makes sense as the car is breathing better and in a higher (more efficient) state of tune.

Re the unacceptability - if this was true then they would n't sell any. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

drum did you get my mail sent to you its not listed in my sent items for some reason not sure weather it went through if you didnt i'll send it again