Audi RNS-E Phone Holder & iPhone 3GS - is there an adapter to make the phone fit it?

audirs4

Audi RS4 :-)
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an 07reg RS4 with the Audi RNS-E system which includes a rather ugly phone holder appearing out the passenger side of the center console for a phone to fit into - does anyone know if there is anywhere you can get a cradle / adapter to go onto this so I can attach my iPhone 3GS to it?
There is a photo in my album showing it if anybody does not understand what I am on about - I was told that the majority of them were removed from vehicles by Audi pretty quick as they are quite ugly!!
Many thanks for all your help :icon_thumright:
Oli

Take the cradle that you have off and wire the holder for the iphone into the armrest.

Thanks for the reply and I may well do that - but to keep my options open does anyone know if there is an adapter to fit onto the centre console holder and if so where I can get one :) OLI

Yes mate there is but it's only available through audi parts and there about £130 was gonna get one myself but now I'm thinking I'll just remove the cradle.

Oli,

I'm in exactly the same situation, what did you choose to do?

I'm thinking I can get work to pay for an adaptor, but can't seem to find details of one anywhere, all I find is the newer armrest version on the audi websites.

Did you have any luck?

Appreciate any ideas!