Engine management light on after remap

sportbilly

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if anyone can offer some advise?

Ive just bought a 2006 rs4 with full non res decat Miltek pipe, Gruppe M induction and a DMS remap. However, the engine management light is on. The previous owner said it came on shortly after the decat pipes and when he spoke to DMS, they said there is nothing you can do. The engine management is telling you there is a problem with the cats.......it hasnt got any!!!!

Is there anything you can do to get the light off? Would it be worth refitting the original cats? I think it was only done for the noise anyway and I dont suppose it will sound/perform much worse with the cats back on.

Can you experts help a poor Audi novice out please?

Ta

A decent tuner should be able to code the rear 02 sensors out. Or you could try using spacers on the rear sensors as that can have an affect too.

Aparantly the guy asked DMS and they said nothing you can do? For a 1250 quid remap I thought that was a bit lame.......

And I always thought they were the mother of all tunners.......???

I presume then you would need a custom code? I wouldnt know where to start with that locally?

Miltek are in Derby where I live. Wonder if they could help? Loads of my friends have decat scoobies and Evo's and no one has the engine management light on?

THE RS4 is a very different animal to the Scoobs/Evos as they do not have after CAT 02 senders.I would ring around, i know many things can be coded out, for instance, i know of a big turbo S3 with a coded out rear 02 sensor for the same reason

That's the problem with a generic rather than a custom re-map. Mine was done by JDE in Holland (a bit far to pop into) and Jeroen somehow removed the sensors from the ECU monitoring, hence no light for me. So it can be done, but don't ask me how!

Talk to MRC Tuning in Banbury. They should be able to do it. It will be the cost of a proper remap though......

i used custom code for my RS4 B7, had same issue - eng manage light came on after 2 weeks, went off and back on again occasionally then staeyed constantly on for 4 months

i took it back and they put on the latest software, 5 months later it's still right as rain! :)

This is easy enough to code out, any tuner who knows what they are doing should be able to sort this, we code them out all the time

Yep,
MRC will sort it easily. About to get my pipe and remap and they mentioned that would happen.