New RS4 with decent mods. Whats it going to push?

sportbilly

Reaction score
Hi

Ive just sold my 911 and in a moment od madness while at Top Gear Live this week in Birmingham, bought an RS4!

Its got a full Miltek non resinating decat pipe, Gruppe M induction and DMS remap so should go well!

Any of you experts out there got a rough idea what BHP and Torque it will be running at? DMS quote an extra 28 extra BHP and Torque but wondered if the other bits will add to this.

Interested to hear your thoughts and also what to expect from the car having lived with a 996 C2 for 4 years.

Thanks

Presume it's a B7, not a B5.

Would imagine you'll be at the 400bhp mark? Maybe a little higher, but not alot?

Unless that is, it's been 'cleaned'...? The B7 is prone to clogging up the valves. At the rolling road session today, only 1 B7 went on and managed a massive... 369bhp!!!

The best B5 Rs4 today got 477bhp. The best C5 RS6 got 497bhp, and the C6 that turned up at 630bhp !!!

The B7 isn't anywhere as quick as you think it should be...

Sorry!

A C6 with 630bhp....., Oh yes I bet that is a whole lot if fun :eek:)

Still has the exhaust to be fitted and another map, so will be in excess of 700 !!

Does weigh something like 1tonne more than a B5 or B6 A4 though

hmmmmm a b5 rs4 is getting very tempting!!! especially as they are a few years old now and imo get cooler with age.

Never driven a b5 rs4 but i must say when i took out a b7 rs4 it didnt feel any quicker (dare i say even as quick!!) as my s3.

What weak areas are there to look for with the b5?

i must say when i took out a b7 rs4 it didnt feel any quicker (dare i say even as quick!!) as my s3.
That's the lack of mid-range turbo "kick" fooling you - with an NA engine you don't get a kick as the turbo comes in so your senses say "this isn't as quick", but just watch the speedo...

I went from a chipped 8L S3 to a B6 S4 and initially thought the same as you - but an SP30 for doing 77 in a 50 limit was proof otherwise! And an RS4 is much quicker than an S4...

Granted with a turbo it does give you that sense of speed but having had a blast with a few b7 rs4's i have been slightly disappointed.

Not saying they are slow cars because they arent, they just dont seem over 400bhp fast.

On a side note i had the use of an e92 m3 for a month some time ago and that was a different class to the rs4.

Maybe the one i drove was a duff one as the b7 gets great reviews and is a car i would love to own.

meant to add the reason that i brought up the m3 was that on paper they are evenly matched power wise.