JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

rs4 b5 short shifter

anyone no where i can buy a good short shifter for my b5 rs4 in the uk thats got it in stock ? as car is having new clutch fitted next week so would be a good time to fit

si

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Could try QST. When i wanted mine, i asked on the day and it was done. I presume they carried them in stock.

Not sure about other companies, but there is no harm in ringing a few of them.

Which type of short shifter are you after? Tonoga's the one i'd recommend

5th Gear

Status
    2-stroke - the SS doesn't need fitting while the clutch is out. Can be done anytime, unless you mean you'll get someone to do it for you?

Can try ESP Engineering, they have a GB going on SRS Forum. Can try QST as mentioned, or AMD. Could try the one advertised on EBAY for 30, which is apparently ok. Can try the JHM one which gets rave reviews, but doubt you'd get it in time. The other one is an AWE one...

Personally, I'd be going for an ESP one, coupled with a weighted gear knob, which makes the gear movement alot more precise. Perhaps also couled with a DTS or Gearbox brace to tie it all together. That's the recommeneded mod if going for a SS...

PM me for any further info !!
    1998 S4 Widebody Saloon Track Car
    2006 320d SE Touring - Ze Fuhrer's Wagon
    2001 B5 RS4 510bhp & 508ft lbs SOLD
    1.9TDI (130) Sport -Black-Revo - Mrs Stoakseya4's mota - SOLD

3rd Gear

Status
    I've got the tonoga on mine,very happy with it but it does make the gear change slightly more notchy,but you get used to it.
    Mine was done at qst with the stage 3 mtm conversion.
    Mrc or unit 20 would also do this. I use unit 20 for all my work now and i'm very happy with the results
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

RS4 Still not fast enough

Status
    If you do get the ESP S/S, get their weighted gearknob too. Makes changes less 'notchy'
    Mike

Misano 2001 RS4
    Indian blue 2002 T4 camper