Volks AutosBadger5

Thread: RS4 B4

4th Gear

Status

RS4 B4

Well been looking into the B5 RS4,was just wondering if anybody could highlight the common faults with these vehicles and also what I should be looking out for.

Dont really know much about them as in terms of reliability and what is maintenance costs like??Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards

Faz
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

2. # ADS
    ADS

thinking about stuff

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FazS3 View Post
    Well been looking into the B5 RS4,was just wondering if anybody could highlight the common faults with these vehicles and also what I should be looking out for.

Dont really know much about them as in terms of reliability and what is maintenance costs like??Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards

Faz
    You need to do alot of preventative maintaince with an RS4, and they are very expensive to run. You don't want to be running one without a warranty! Stick with your S3 would be my advice you unless you REALLY want an RS4. Cam wear is a big issue on dealer cars as Audi spec'd the wrong oil from new, cost to repair is circ 4k i've heard. Turbo's can cost upto 4500 to replace. I've spent over 3k on little niggles like, MAF, wheel bearing, CV's boots, exhaust, cam cover oil leak. Be very careful!
    Last edited by leecs3; 4th December 2008 at 06:45.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE