B7 RS4: now or never?

Special Edition

Reaction score
Now there's good selection of RS4's listed on Audi's own site in the mid-£30k, how is the time for buying now?

What are the options to want or ignore?

Will we see the B8 RS4 next year to make these prices drop further?

:cool:

Mate personally I'd wait as they're just dropping monthly & it isnt gonna stop for a while I dont think to match the housing climate & forecasts for that are dim

Now there's good selection of RS4's listed on Audi's own site in the mid-£30k, how is the time for buying now?

What are the options to want or ignore?

Will we see the B8 RS4 next year to make these prices drop further?

:cool:

there are very cheap at the moment and V-Power is £1.01 a litre now too so go for it. The B8 RS4 will be a while yet as RS's are run out models.

Been looking myself, I am also unsure what to do. I need an Avant and they seem to be holding there price a little better than the saloon, dealer confirmed this (they would though wouldn't they) Had a drive in a 07 model but thought it was expensive at 43k, from a dealer, nice car though.

Mark

you be mad to pay £43k for an 07 when 06/56's are dipping under the £30k. Have a look on pistonheads.

you be mad to pay £43k for an 07 when 06/56's are dipping under the £30k. Have a look on pistonheads.

Agreed, have had a look on pistonheads didn't see any really cheap avants though, i will have to keep looking.

Mark

Thanks gents, that's given me some additional pointers :)

What are the options worth paying extra for and what's not? :cool:

Thanks gents, that's given me some additional pointers :)

What are the options worth paying extra for and what's not? :cool:

Sat-nav is a must for resale. I know a few people that have had rediculous trade-in offers as there cars were low spec'd. The tech pack was being offered for about £500 for the last of the RS4's so if you get a '57 plate extect it to have TV, etc. The seats are a bit of a marmite thing. There's plenty of people that love them to death, but probably an equal number are just as glad they opted for the comfortable recaros. There was a facelift at the beginning of '07, but as far as i can tell, the only change seems to be the 'fried-egg' orange indicator bulbs. Personally, I'd say the Sprint Blue avants with black optics are the best looking ;)

The DRC is a weak point so if you go on a test drive look out for a sleeping policeman and see if you get a knocking noise on rebound. Once the shocks are leaking, the handling gets crap. It tramlines and wallows round corners which is amplified in the wet.

do it... go on....
go on
go on
go on
go on...

you know you'll love it

Chris

Thanks again, guys :sm4:

Sprint blue with black optic sounds great! I'm assuming you have that config ChriS3? :cool:

I've been doing some looking online... haven't found one yet without satnav, so that's promising. I think I have to find a friendly dealer that will show me the seats :)

What's the thing with the 07 indicators? Can you point me at any pics?

Thanks again, guys :sm4:

Sprint blue with black optic sounds great! I'm assuming you have that config ChriS3? :cool:

I've been doing some looking online... haven't found one yet without satnav, so that's promising. I think I have to find a friendly dealer that will show me the seats :)

What's the thing with the 07 indicators? Can you point me at any pics?

Yup, I have Sprint Blue/Black Optics.
Crs4tt.jpg

The 07 indicators use a chrome bulb and clear lens, but the 06 models have the orange indicator bulbs so you get the 'fried egg' look. If you know what i mean...

OK... I'm booked in for a test drive :cool:

The test car has the sports suspension plus... is this much firmer than the normal setup?

Had the test drive yesterday... wow :w00t:

Suspension is on the firm side, but probably livable... is the standard suspension more absorbant?

I test drove a B7 RS4 Saloon last weekend and was very impressed, so impressed I've bought it and will be collecting it Saturday. Black with titanium wheels - gorgeous!