B7 RS4 common problems??

john_cook

I was the STIG.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had the A3 for a few yrs but sold it now. Got an R32 which is going great. Fancy an RS4 in a couple of years, looking at the Audi website was surprised how cheap they are now, 2 yr old example with 15,000 miles on the clock is only £37,000! Private its even cheaper, more like £32,000.

Wanted to know how the car is day to day driving, any problems with suspension, brakes etc... I spoke to a chap who had a B7 RS4 and has sold it and said the front discs werent that great and the standard suspension was a bit iffy too. he said it was a great car, but you feel its weight a lot, esp under braking. He has an R32 now and is waiting for the new GT-R. I was shocked that he said point to point its not much slower than his RS4 was. Would have thought it would feel a million times quicker.

Cheers.

The RS4 is surprisingly quick, and the engine note is quite addictive (a V8 spinning at over 8000rpm sounds great - especially in a tunnel with the windows open!).

I've had one for 2 years with no problems at all - some owners are seeing a repeat of the DRC problems that the C5 RS6 had but I'm not, maybe that's the iffy suspension the chap you spoke to was referring to?

I don't know where the chap you spoke to is coming from when he said the brakes aren't great though - I've never had anything but 100% confidence in them.

No real problems with mine other than the DRC. I've just had my front shocks replaced for the second time. Brakes are very good, but the back end can get a little light under really heavy breaking.

Very quick car indeed.

I've had 07 RS4 for nearly 12 months now and 16,000 miles with no problems although it has been back in for a software update (what ever that means). I was lucky enough to get the version with the ceramic brakes and they are something else. Too sharp in normal traffic but when you need them they're spot on (too good once, someone ran in the back of me at Christmas). Not had any DRC problems but maybe they were all fixed, the car's a June07. Performance is eye opening so don’t let the R32 storey put you off, good luck

Ive had mine for a year without any real issues, had my brake pads and discs replaced under warranty, the car is rapid, coming from a remapped S3.. I still noticed a big diff.

The engine is amazing!