Tyre life

sharpr

Reaction score
Can somebody give an approximate indication of the tyre life to expect on an RS4 please, ie. how many miles can be expected from a set of tyres?

Well give us a clue - which RS4 do you drive?

How do you drive?

On what type of roads do you drive on?

And what boots do you have at the mo?

Just looking for an approximate idea.

B7 chassis
Moderate driving on mostly A class roads
Comparison between Michelin and Continental

Well, the sensible options would be either Michelin Pilot Sport PS2, or the Continental SportContact3. I wouldn't use the Conti SportContact2, as these can be quite harsh at low speeds.

I wore my Pirelli P-Zeros out after 4,500 miles, but I am notoriously heavy on my boots!

The Michelin are better suited to low speed comfort around town, but cope well with "tuning" tyre pressures.

The Contis are more suited to heavy loads and/or high speed Autobahn cruising.

In terms of tyre life - an extremely suggestive situation. On my previous B6 S4, the OEM Conti SportContact2s lasted about 10k miles, and I replaced them with the Mich PS2, and they lasted about 8k miles. The Michelins are a better tyre for extreme use though.

If you only drive "moderately", and don't head for the twisties, either tyre should be more than adequate.

HTH

The OE set of P Zero Rossos lasted about 9000 miles on my B7 RS4 Avant. I've switched to Michelin Pilot Sport 2s as they've getting great write ups on most RS4 forums.