sat nav/ i-pod interface thingy

fossil

Reaction score
:uhm: :readit: hi, first post, I have a black RS4 (optic pack) due end july, after going through all the usual ICE options (very confusing) i settled with sat nav + 6 cd autochanger as the salesman didn,t know enogh about the i-pod interface, i saw in a previous post about a Dension Gateway 400 is this easy to fit, and will you be able to see song titles on satnav display and be able to pick and choose songs like on i-pod or just skip to next. many thanks, hope it makes sense

thanks for quick reply, have looked at their site, shame nobody has come up with a way to transfer all control to nav screen including seperate cats and album covers.

Basically the Ipod uses the old CD changer interface, it does not support anything except basic track forward/rew control, so don't expect any track information from any external device connected to an AUdi HU until AUdi update the chnager interface which they are not going to do.

MMI is the way forward with fiber optic interfaces and a higher spec. This allows you to pass more information to the display like the Ipod information.

Don't confuse MMI (A5/A6/A8/Q7) with the RNS-E MMI like display.