Proper launching from 1st gear - B7 RS4

hansey

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and would like some help. Just got my Sprint Blue '07 RS4 three weeks ago. Wondering if anybody can tell me the proper launch technique from a dead stop all the way to hitting that low 4 second performance to 62 mph. Specifically - how to properly complete the 1st to 2nd gear shift.

General launch technique is to drop the clutch when holding the revs circa 3k and be prepared to change into 2nd virtually as soon as your moving else you'll just hit the rev limiter in 1st and waste time, hold 2 till the red line & then dump into 3rd & keep accelerating past 60. Oh, and try this with & without the ESP turned on to see how the times compare. Enjoy, hell of a piece of machinery your driving about there!!

hansey said:
Hi, I am new to this forum and would like some help. Just got my Sprint Blue '07 RS4 three weeks ago..

welcome...:sign_pics:

Thanks! Will practice and let you know. This beast sure is different from a 4 banger! The nose dipping from 1st to 2nd I have been experiencing may have been caused by the rev limiter. Will post pics soon.