RS4 about to stop production

wigginer

Reaction score
Heard it from (a non-confirmed) source in the Audi dealer network that Audi have stopped production on the RS4 (barr a few production slots yet to be completed).

Can anyone confirm?

Now the R8 is in production and they have secured the production-line on the RS4 engine, they see no need to continue with the RS4s limited production.

I asked Audi the same question a few days ago and got the following answer:

=========================================================

Hello Emelie,

Please inform Andrew (the person who sent you the e-mail) that it is RS4 saloon and avant that are stopping production this year not RS4 Cabriolet. It should be no problem for him to purchase an RS4 Cabriolet by June 2008 just as long as he orders it in advance as it is a very popular car. Tell him to check the lead times on RS4 Cabriolet before ordering.

If there is anything else I can assist you with I am only an e-mail away.

Regards

Rodrigo Diaz

Product Executive: A4, A4 Cabriolet, A5 and TT

Tel: 01908 601 120

Fax: 01908 601 184

E-mail: rodrigo.diaz@audi.co.uk

========================================================

Wow, looks like I could miss out , I ordered an Ibis White with black optics pack , Should be due in August to OZ ,,,, I may not get this one , as It may miss Build. Maybe a good excuse to upgrade to an R8....
What do you guys think of Ibis , i chose it cause it is rare , and easy to keep clean , with a dark tint I think it should look FAT.....
I have been in two minds about titainium rims or standard colour , I changed back to standard colour , I think may look smarter , aalthough not as mean.,....

I contacted the Audi A4/RS4 product line manager again to confirm or deny the Top Gear story..... the RS4 Cabrio will still be available in Mid 2008 its only the hardtop versions that are stopping production.

IBIS RS4 in OZ said:
Wow, looks like I could miss out , I ordered an Ibis White with black optics pack , Should be due in August to OZ ,,,, I may not get this one , as It may miss Build. Maybe a good excuse to upgrade to an R8....
What do you guys think of Ibis , i chose it cause it is rare , and easy to keep clean , with a dark tint I think it should look FAT.....
I have been in two minds about titainium rims or standard colour , I changed back to standard colour , I think may look smarter , aalthough not as mean.,....

Only three colours for me for a car Black (preferred), White then Red ( a proper Ferrari Red). White with the 'Black Pack' will look great in the right climate e.g. OZ, but for a mucky winter in the UK with ice and road salt :-(

I've had two white cars, loved em both, but keeping them clean in winter is a challenge. Mind you Black is worse, but at least it gets me out the house at weekends ...

ps. Stick top the standard colour rims imo.