Hello and hope this is the right forum

ang12el

Reaction score
I have recently aquired an Audi A4 quatro sport advant.. and hope someone can advise me on the following
First question what is the diffrence in a quatro and a say normal production A4 is it something to do with the suspension (please indulge me as I know very little about cars)
Secondly and I have seen the sticky in relation to washing your car but would it be alright to put it in a car wash (not one with automatic brushes)
3rd but not least what is the best process for polishing up so that you get a deep shine

I hope this is the right forum to pose these questions if not I apologise

:)

In answer to your questions, first welcome to AS.net.
A quattro has 4 wheel drive and an standard car is front wheel drive only.
A car wash is okay if you go to a reputable garage and polish it occasionally
I use Autoglym super resin polish and then turtle wax gloss guard and i find them to be good.
My bodywork is not perfect but then a car that does 30k per year isn't going to be!

Thank you for the very quick reply however I dont quite understand if you have 4 wheel drive isnt there supposed to be a differental stick or lever were you can disconnect the drives so that not all 4 are being used at the same time

what I mean is the model of car is a 2002 B6 engine quatro sport advant but to me it has a front wheel drive .

Thanks for directing me to the correct forum and will from now on post there

Hello & :sign_welcome: to the site.

ang12el said:
Thank you for the very quick reply however I dont quite understand if you have 4 wheel drive isnt there supposed to be a differental stick or lever were you can disconnect the drives so that not all 4 are being used at the same time

Maybe in a land rover!

ang12el said:

what I mean is the model of car is a 2002 B6 engine quatro sport advant but to me it has a front wheel drive .

Thanks for directing me to the correct forum and will from now on post there

As A4 quattro says "maybe in a landrover". The audis have an automatic central differential (a torsen diff in the A4/A6 and a haldex set up in the A3/TT) that distributes the power between the front and rear axles depending on which axle has more grip. Older quattros used to have a button by the hand brake to lock the rear diff but it only worked at low speeds, i think the newer ones do this automatically with the ASR/ESP systems