Stuck on the colour RS4 ???

Blade

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum, so hi, hope you guys are as friendly as those on the BMW forum ?? Need some advice please, I've ordered an RS4 Saloon but where I live ( on an Island !! ) its been hard to check out the colours. Sprint looks great in the glossy hard back brochure but in other pics I've seen it looks totally different, much lighter ? Currently the order is sat at the factory to be built in Phantom Black with Black Valcona leather, but I'm just not 100% sure. Red is nice but a bit too bright for me, Yellow, not that brave, Silver, not that conservative. So its really down to Sprint, Daytona Grey or Black. It has to look right, I've never really been into 4 door cars and I think this car is colour dependant. Ok its the drive that matters but you still got to look at it and feel good when you wash the thing.

Your suggestions would really be appreciated, I think !!:blackrs4:

Thanks

Not black, just a bit boring generally. Blue is my favourite (that's sprint right?).

Hi Blade, welcome to the site, very friendly bunch here :p

I'd say black :)

I had to ask didn't I, so you guys think, Grey, blue or black....back where I started:think: Thanks for your comments tho.

Ok put it another way anyone got a pic of an RS4 in Sprint Blue. Pref a car in the real world and not in a showroom or under bright lights.. or seen a Sprint blue one and can tell me if its ok ?

black or blue. but after lookin at the pics i think blue

Nope you definately want Black

IMG_2046_Large.sized.jpg

12082006191_Large.sized.jpg

its definately black or blue,

Thats been really helpful thanks. Not easy to choose but my other half says Black so decision made. No delivery date yet but I'll post some pics and first impressions when I finally get my hands on it.

Never owned an Audi before but my dad always did ( 100 GL, 100 5E, 200 5E and 200 5T, yeah it was a few years back !! ) when I was a kid so looking forward to it...

have you seen both colours in the flesh ?
Black is subtle, sprint blue is slightly more loud. I think black wouldn't turn as many heads, not sure if you want to turn heads or drive quietly by :)

I'm not a poser but its always nice when someone admires your car. No I havent seen either, the car I test drove was red and I thought that looked ok but too loud. I think I want the Sprint Blue but it looks different in every pic I see.

thats why you need to see both in the flesh :)

welcome to the the Board matey ;) Ill let you know asap on delivery. But Im sawying to sprint blue now as well.

But as I said we still have some breathing space for you to decide on the colour!!

Dave

Hello Dave, never had so much hass choosing a colour mate. You're the poor sod who'll cop it if I get this wrong...lol. Think Sprint mate but don't let it go fixed. If you wern't making me wait so bl..dy long for the car I wouldn't have so much time to stress over the colour !!!

Enjoy ur few days off

Thanks ConfusionHunter, lol.....Decided on Sprint and hope I don't regret it...not sure I can face another black car, too hard to keep looking nice.

Is that all it is ??? Thought it'd been 3 months.... You know me mate, I hate waiting. Change the colour to Sprint please (I'll mail you to confirm that) then tell them to hurry it along...lol. I could build a house faster, actually I could build a whole street of them !!!

No more colour talk, its all a bit boring, unless I see a Sprint Blue RS in the next few weeks and hate it.......nah thats it now. I think...:jump:

be different go for yellow stand out form the crowd lol :thumbsup:

Raymie, I take it thats your yellow Audi in the pic so I won't be rude...:biggrin: Nice mate....ummmmmm. Just kidin like yellow but like I said earlier not that brave.

lol :laugh: i actually bought the car from my bro about 2 months ago and when he bought it i hated the colour far too bright, but it grew on me and when he started doing slight mods to it i liked it, dont get me wrong it attracts a lot of attention dont know if thats a good or a bad thing.

Yeah well at least it stands out from the crowd lol....Its a class car so it can carry it off.

I went for Phantom Black, with silver silk nappa leather (Recaros not buckets) and silver headlining. Silver seats come with black piping, and the silver headlining makes the interior a nice bright place to be - quite unlike most Audi interiors which can be like a dark coal hole (my S3, A4 and both S4s were like that).

I'm in Southampton, so if you're going to be coming over on the ferry why not arrange to come and have a look for yourself?

The Imola looks awesome... but perhaps a bit too childish for this car?

Having owned a white A4 - I can honestly say it is a beautiful colour (Assuming its the pearl effect white?)

The sprint blue is a good choice for re-sale purposes - very similar to Nogaro blue - probably the most favoured colour in the older generation S & RS models.

The black is gorgeous and just looks the business... hard to maintain though.

My choice in order...

White (Assuming it was pearl)
Black
Imola Yellow
Sprint Blue

But that is based purely on desire rather than common sense. Commonsense would see black & Sprint blue at the top.

Spoken to the guys in my office, and I change... I think the Grey shows most potential in all weather situations - shade and sun it looks really good. Colours like Imola and white, blue etc all need the sun to show their true potential. The Grey seems to suit all weather conditions.

You know I don't really have a clue what to go for anymore. Love Black but too hard to maintain, grey bit bland for me but agree it looks class, Red, Misano is fantastic, prob one of the nicest reds going but think I might get tired of it, Yellow, like I said its for the brave (which I'm not) Mugello Blue, might look ok but to me its too 'ordinary' for an RS4. So if you exclude green, silver and Avus that leaves Sprint....my choice for now....Never seen it on a car so this might be a £53k balls up...we'll see.

Blade, go for grey its the best colour for a B7 its polishes up a treat and all of the black grilles etc really stand out, i find the best way to choose a colour is look at the cars on the road driving towards you that way you get a rough idea of what yours may look like, sprint is a great colour but a little too loud for me personally and black, well, are you going to wash or dust it off every night also any slight lapse in concentration when washing black can lead to swirls you have to be really careful, i had a quartz grey B7 s-line and it looked the dogs.... even when dirty it still appeared clean, if you know what i mean, however if you choose grey make sure you opt for daytime running lights if available, grey always seems to blend with the colour of the road surface imo and is a bit harder to spot than other colours.

amb276s3 said:
however if you choose grey make sure you opt for daytime running lights if available, grey always seems to blend with the colour of the road surface imo and is a bit harder to spot than other colours.
In the UK RS4s come with a switch to turn DRLs on/off - BUT the standard coding is for front DRLs only (no rear lights), but this can be changed in a few seconds using VAG-COM.

Blade said:
You know I don't really have a clue what to go for anymore. Love Black but too hard to maintain, grey bit bland for me but agree it looks class, Red, Misano is fantastic, prob one of the nicest reds going but think I might get tired of it, Yellow, like I said its for the brave (which I'm not) Mugello Blue, might look ok but to me its too 'ordinary' for an RS4. So if you exclude green, silver and Avus that leaves Sprint....my choice for now....Never seen it on a car so this might be a £53k balls up...we'll see.

i'm truly looking forward to getting my 'ordinary' looking mugello avant next month bladey!!

I found Sprint Blue and Phantom Black looked good in the brochure, but not in the flesh. Sprint Blue looked much lighter, and Phantom Black only looked as menacing as the pictures at dusk.

I picked Daytona Grey, but Mugello Blue would have been my second choice.

Paul

Difficult one. Colour is so subjective and it’s easy to want to play it safe. Guess it depends if you want to be noticed or fade into the background.

Bright colours can have a bit of a shorter appeal cycle so you can get tired of them more easily. I tend to play it safe and black would be safe and would also look good but if I was getting an RS4 I reckon it wouldn’t show it off at it’s best. Sure you may not be noticed as much which could be a big advantage but it’s a bit too safe.

Red you either love or hate. Sprint blue is indeed quite bright but it’s the one I would probably go for because although bright I think you could live with it without tiring. So I’d vote for Sprint cos IMO it's fun and suits the car.

You'll like it whatever the colour.