So, what does everyone think of the new road tax rules?

GeoffDunk

Reaction score
Website
www.gdluxurytransport.co.uk
With the road tax rules changing later this year, what do people think of it?

You no longer need to display a disk in the window, I'm sure the detailing fans will like this.

Also, can pay for tax monthly and you won't be able to sell a car with tax on it, no longer a selling feature of "6 months tax".

The no disc thing makes sense, it's all held electronically so why have the need to display the disc too is beyond me. As for selling a car without tax... news to me. Can you claim back the extra tax like now?

Its the sellers responsibility to claim back the tax. Should be triggered by the DVLA receiving the V5.

Dealers and sellers can no longer sell a vehicle with say, 6 months tax to sweeten the deal, its something that has been removed to prevent fraud.

The claim back is from the date you sold the vehicle to the expiry date of the road fund license.

I totally appreciate why they're doing this (to save costs, it's all electronic etc. etc.)... but if I'm paying £200+ per year, I want to see something for it (even if it's just a silly little disc that I can proudly display) - cos they don't spend the money on the chuffin' road network :banghead:

Reactions: Stickystuff and AlexGSi2000