STOLEN RS4

S321BAD

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to make you aware that my car got stolen from my house in Didsbury, Manchester last Wednesday 26th Feb at around 1am.

The theives broke into my house and nicked my car keys and my ipad as well as two other car keys in the household and subsequently drove off in my car.

The police have been unable to track the car on ANPR's and the car didnt have a tracker as far as i know!

It was on a private plate - R11 KNN and the original plate was WM06 AXA.

if anyone sees it or see's any parts for sale from a red 2006 RS4 please be aware, it had the below spec:

Bose
RNSE with 2012 maps
Solar sunroof
Flatbottom Steering wheel
black leather heated recaro buckets
4 x Pzero rosso tyres all round

and was in pretty much mint condition.

If anyone has any information (i am not holding my breath as i suspect its probably in bits or abroad by now), please let me know.

Thanks

Rick

Attachments

• photo 1.JPGrs.jpg
    photo 1.JPGrs.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 886
  • photo 2.rs.jpg
    photo 2.rs.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 736
  • photo 3.rs.jpg
    photo 3.rs.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 701
Last edited by a moderator:
The vin number would be useful. Dash clocks and ECU's contain this info. If sold on they may be traceable.

I wouldn't post VIN numbers. If at some point yours gets recovered (and I hope it does) someone could use your VIN to clone another car....

Reactions: Brodster
haha no i wont be posting the vin,

still had no news whatsoever!!!! i fully expect it to be abroad or in bits, it also had new brakes allround and new suspension which is a shame!! and a full tank of vpower typically i filled up the day before!

That's terrible. Did they threaten you in anyway or disturb you?

I have a tracker fitted to my RS4, the lord have mercy on anyone that trys to take mine. I would beat them into a pulp.

Reactions: Av4nt
no mate, unbeleivably they managed the whole operation without making a sound (althought it was around 1am so i was fast asleep).

i must have been in a pretty deep sleep to not hear them starting it as my bedroom is pretty much above the driveway!

in a way, i am thankful the keys were downstairs as i 100% beleive they would have come searching for the keys otherwise.

Vin numbers are freely available. Nearly all cars have them advertised in the windscreen.
They are also available on the net. To protect the vechicles ID a bit I have starred out the last few digits of the chassis and VIN.
I hope this gets recovered and they catch the people but unfortunately these days with the car security as it is this is the way they get them. Happened to a guy up the road about 18 months ago had a very nice Golf GTI with big alloys, loads of tuning bits and they did the same breaking in through the patio door at the back in the early morning to get the keys.

R11 KNN

Make AUDI
Model-Series B7
Model A4 RS4 QUATTRO
Year 19-07-2006
Chassis No. WUAZZZ8E56N902***
Engine No. BNS0043**
Fuel Type PETROL
Engine Capacity 4163
Power (KW) 315
Power (BHP) 420
Transmission MANUAL
No. of Gears 6
Body Style 4 DOOR SALOON
Cylinders 8
Valves 5
FWD/RWD/4WD ALL - PERMANENT
TECDOC-Type-No. 18524

Karl.

Reactions: DieselJake
I still don't think details like that should be posted on here. They may not be aware that this is possible and if they are its just making it easier... They definitely look online for registrations on autotrader etc (and probably here too) to use to clone stolen cars.
Rick, its likely that they got into the car, pushed it away from the house then fired it up down the road.

To be frank i only asked as I code in second hand parts. Its highly unlikely it will turn up in my hands but if it did id like to have the opportunity to refuse the work and report it to the police. Recently such a part was used, the job wasnt paid for, and i didnt realise until afterwards when the police took an interest in the parts used.

If there was a database of stolen vin numbers, or in this case if i ran the vin on the parts i code through google and there is a hit, i can protect myself and potentially help catch the criminals stealing your cars/parts.

Reactions: DieselJake
hmm maybe i shouldnt post that link to the tools shown in that vid...
Same place I bought my vag commander from...

Do you honestly think not posting things like this that are in the public domain and very easy searchable will make any difference. I am sure the people who commit these crimes are very up on what is available and what can be done, It took me 2 minutes to find that video with a search on Google. There are many tools legitimately available for professional locksmiths to sort issues with peoples keys and gain access to vechicles with minimal damage. These unfortunately end up in the hands of the wrong people.
It seems that regardless of what the manufacturers do there is always pretty much a way around it. And if there isn't they break into your house to pinch the key.

Karl

Reactions: kanecullen89
breaking in through the patio door
Interesting, I posted a link to this thread over on rs246.com and in the thread that's running on there it's been mentioned that the Euro locks (as fitted to patio doors and many uPVC front doors) can be broken in 13 seconds and the door opened without needing a key!

See the post by adsgreen on Page 2 of this thread RS246.com Forum :: The World's #1 Audi R, S and RS Enthusiast Website • View topic - Another stolen RS4

I think it's well worth thinking about changing ALL the Euro locks on doors, windows, wherever...

Dam man I know how it is too loose a car you love.... I pick up mine tomorrow and am looking at personal trackers which allows you to track the car from your phone.

No point tracking cars when they'll be in a hundred pieces or another country. Haven't got an RS4 or anything special but keys to mine get hidden bedside when not concealed in jeans, don't trust anybody.

It looks like they usr that device in the video of the one getting stolen twats

Dude... Really sorry to here this!!

Now there could be a slight chance that the RS4 may have a tracker in as standard but not activated. We have seen it on some of the older RS4s and RS6s. I think Audi did it as a way to make more money "Oh it's there already, shall we just activate it and charge you loads of money".

Maybe worth a quick call to Audi UK with your chassis and see if one was fitted. If it was, get in touch with the maker, pay the fee to activate and see if it can be tracked.

You never know, you might get lucky!

From experience, stolen cars are parked up for a week or two and then used or cut down for parts. Main reason is to see if its tracked or not. Hopefully she's found safe and well!

Reactions: GeoffDunk
The idea is catch them before it becomes a hundred pieces
But it's a totally flawed idea, why?

1) The trackers are usually fitted in a very small numbers of places (installers are basically lazy), so it takes no more than 15 minutes to find and remove a tracker.

2) If the thief can't be bothered to remove the tracker he'll just park the car in a metal box e.g. a container and wait several days until the battery goes flat and the tracker stops transmitting.

Result? Trackers are a complete and utter waste of money.

Reactions: Peeb, JudderMan and DieselJake
Sorry to hear the bad news mate, my last motor was stolen and recovered last year used in armed robberies across Manchester. Absolute scum hopefully get caught as you don't see many RS4's on the road.

But it's a totally flawed idea, why?

1) The trackers are usually fitted in a very small numbers of places (installers are basically lazy), so it takes no more than 15 minutes to find and remove a tracker.

2) If the thief can't be bothered to remove the tracker he'll just park the car in a metal box e.g. a container and wait several days until the battery goes flat and the tracker stops transmitting.

Result? Trackers are a complete and utter waste of money.

then why is it 90% of cars fitted with tracker are recovered by the police ??? 75% of which are within 24hrs
theres a tracker fitted on my vehicle and if you can find it within 15 minutes you can have it !!

they cant find them in fifteen minutes thats why they leave them out in open areas to see if there being tracked
the new trackers are no more powerful but are a lot smarter ... it doesn't take a genius to work out where the track was lost
then look for a big metal box or evidence of transportation

change the eurolocks for flush fitting ones so they dont protrude outside thats how they get in
the tool they use to break them is often used by the fire brigade
they simply put the tool underneath the exposed part of the eurolock and BANG upwards this shears the lock in two
quickly , cleanly and they then simply open the patio door or jimmy it

they tried to get into my house on new years eve 2007 they broke the eurolock , but couldn't get past the patio locks at the top and bottom
this is one of the reasons why i had tracker fitted

then why is it 90% of cars fitted with tracker are recovered by the police ??? 75% of which are within 24hrs
Where's the proof of that statement? And don't just replay the Tracker publicity information as that's incomplete. Tracker absolutely REFUSE to say how many stolen cars fitted with a tracker are not recovered - so it is IMPOSSIBLE to verify that statement.

They will confirm how many have been recovered (lets say it was 100 in 2013) but since they will not say how many have not been recovered:
- if it was 10 then their success rate is 89% (100 out of 110)
- if it was 100 then their success rate is 50% (100 out of 200)

Unless and until Tracker will publicly state how many cars are NOT recovered then their claims are total and utter bunkum.

There's a 90% probability that the Tracker on your car (in fact any car) is behind the sound insulation behind the glove box - which would take me less than 5 minutes to remove and disable.

At least you're right about the other option of parking it up in a container.

my information comes from a gentleman called "adrian davenport" who is the police liason officer and who deals directly with recovering the vehicles for the police
tracker themselves are very guarded about what information they give out for obvious reasons
tracker is also not the only company who supply and fit recovery systems

most aftermarket alarms are fitted poorly as you describe because most of the wiring needs to be in the front of the vehicle .... that isnt how tracker works
tracker only requires a positive and negative so can be fed from anywhere on the vehicle

So someone from tracker talked to someone from the police who talked to someone else, I just don't see how that is proof or accurate information.

adrian isnt employed by tracker he is employed by the police
the figures he has given are from actual police statistics NOTHING to do with tracker or any of the other supplying companies
the figures are actual recoveries .... feel free to google if you are still sceptical

the only recovery figures i can find for tracker date back to 2011 and are quote "well above 90% recovery rate" but this is a direct quote from them not from the police

When I pick uo my new audi eventho it wont be a rs model just a diesel, im going to buy a iphone with the find my phone app. I currently have it on my everyday phone and can track were my phone is as long as its on.

Advantage is runs of its own power source and can be traced by gps.

Disadvantage is having to charge the phone every few days.

When I pick uo my new audi eventho it wont be a rs model just a diesel, im going to buy a iphone with the find my phone app. I currently have it on my everyday phone and can track were my phone is as long as its on.

Advantage is runs of its own power source and can be traced by gps.

Disadvantage is having to charge the phone every few days.
No need there are trackers where yoh slide in a sim and it will text you and some give you live GPS

adrian isnt employed by tracker he is employed by the police
the figures he has given are from actual police statistics NOTHING to do with tracker or any of the other supplying companies
the figures are actual recoveries .... feel free to google if you are still sceptical

the only recovery figures i can find for tracker date back to 2011 and are quote "well above 90% recovery rate" but this is a direct quote from them not from the police
Go to the Tracker website and you will see they only quote "recovers", not "failed to recovers". With that incomplete information and unwillingness to provide full information the only conclusion you can draw is that the numbers don't support their claims.

To support that hypothesis I've been a member of many Audi RS forums since I ordered my RS4 over 8 years ago and, sadly, have read of many being stolen - but in all that time I can only recall 2 being recovered, one with a Tracker and 1 without. So on that evidence a Tracker makes no difference to the likelihood of your stolen RS4 being recovered.

So based on Trackers unwillingness to provide all the data to assess the accuracy of their claims, and the evidence reported by owners over the last 8 years I stand by my statement that a tracker is a complete waste of money and does not improve the chances of recovery of your vehicle.

If Tracker are willing to provide me with FULL data of cars recovered AND cars NOT recovered I will be willing to re-assess my view, but unless and until that happens I will continue to state that they are a waste of money - based on the available evidence. I deal in cold hard facts, not unsupported statements by people with a vested interest...

not a quirk at you in any way at all, but if I got a car of such value a tracker is the first thing id stick on it! id be too scared of it being stolen :(

Tbf if you didn't have euro locks they could have used bump keys which also gain entry in seconds without damaging the lock, or manual lockpicks, or a lockpick gun. All are fairly easy to learn and use, and if they really wanted to get in and you had decent lock protection a brick through a window would probably do the trick. Not nice to think about though, my house was burgled during the day a few years ago and thousands of quids worth of stuff nicked.

Gutted for you mate, nothing worse than spending your hard earned on your pride and joy to have some waste of space nick it.

not a quirk at you in any way at all, but if I got a car of such value a tracker is the first thing id stick on it! id be too scared of it being stolen :(
You're assuming two things:
1 - that you want the car back after it's been stolen - and either trashed, crashed or ragged within an inch of it's life
2 - that a Tracker will improve you changes of getting it back.

1 is personal, 2 is proven to be untrue.

Go to the Tracker website and you will see they only quote "recovers", not "failed to recovers". With that incomplete information and unwillingness to provide full information the only conclusion you can draw is that the numbers don't support their claims.

To support that hypothesis I've been a member of many Audi RS forums since I ordered my RS4 over 8 years ago and, sadly, have read of many being stolen - but in all that time I can only recall 2 being recovered, one with a Tracker and 1 without. So on that evidence a Tracker makes no difference to the likelihood of your stolen RS4 being recovered.

So based on Trackers unwillingness to provide all the data to assess the accuracy of their claims, and the evidence reported by owners over the last 8 years I stand by my statement that a tracker is a complete waste of money and does not improve the chances of recovery of your vehicle.

If Tracker are willing to provide me with FULL data of cars recovered AND cars NOT recovered I will be willing to re-assess my view, but unless and until that happens I will continue to state that they are a waste of money - based on the available evidence. I deal in cold hard facts, not unsupported statements by people with a vested interest...

for the record i have no vested interest in tracker
i am a steelworker who works in a rolling mill nothing to do with any type of installation or selling of tracker
for the record
adrian does not get paid a penny by tracker or any other company his only vested interest is that he see,s the cars returned to there rightful owners

[QU OTE=dualmono21;2107704]for the record i have no vested interest in tracker
i am a steelworker who works in a rolling mill nothing to do with any type of installation or selling of tracker
for the record
adrian does not get paid a penny by tracker or any other company his only vested interest is that he see,s the cars returned to there rightful owners

Trackers are easy to get around for any car thief.

A device that costs under 50 quid.