The Anniversary RS4 comes with an NA V8...huh?

Expecting them to redesign an entire drive-train for a special paint option? Unlikely.

I appreciate Audi's sentiment in wanting to tip its hat to an all time classic, but I'm not convinced they've pulled it off successfully. It feels a vague attempt, and the fact fuel efficiency is being talked about in paragraph 2 is probably the most damning indictment of all. Noggy owners want balls out, not balls off!

As for the V8, sound wise I get it for stirring the soul, but unless you whack a £10k PES supercharger on it then it won't go significantly faster for the sake of some basic staple mods (filters / map). I'd have expected flared arches, a 4.5s 0-60 and a controllable Quattro system on this!

Audi don't see the RS sub-brand as that special any more - for proof of that see the quote in this month's Evo from the Detroit Motor Show that every Audio model will have an RS version.

So it's not surprising that they put as little effort as possible into celebrating the 25th anniversary of the RS4.

I think they should have put a supercharger onto the V8, that would have provided the emotional sound of the V8 with the power and torque to make it really a special edition.

This is my first visit to this forum so I am naive but is anyone bothered by Audi's use of the NA V8? I guess I thought Aud was progressing in a different direction with the advent of the 2.5T. I guess I was just expecting more...

Audizine: News: Homage to a modern classic - the Audi RS 4 Avant Nogaro selection

I am totally bothered by it, I run the 340 BHP version in my S4 and will be buying the RS4 at some point.

I am trying to persuade the wife into an RS5 before they move it to the 3.0T as the V8 is very special.

Audi don't see the RS sub-brand as that special any more - for proof of that see the quote in this month's Evo from the Detroit Motor Show that every Audio model will have an RS version.

In that case...an RS Q7 is going to be a god damned monster of a car!

and changing all these RS models to 3.0T is utter skank! 4.2V8 should not be removed they are so nice.

Can i just ask has anyone had the opportunity to drive a new RS4? I was extremely lucky enough to have one over the christmas period i can genuinely say the thing is an absolute beast. Auto blipping of the throttle on down changes and the roar from the engine on acceleration is awesome!! i even managed to to 22mpg on my daily commute i also got it 4mpg which was probably more the average but hey if you can afford the damn thing you wont mind the 200 miles to a tank will you!!

Just saying thats all

Reactions: Av4nt
In that case...an RS Q7 is going to be a god damned monster of a car!

and changing all these RS models to 3.0T is utter skank! 4.2V8 should not be removed they are so nice.

RS Q7, I have a DMS tuned 4.2 V8 TDI and thats already way too quick for the type of vehicle, i doubt they would ever make a genuine RS Q7

Can't really go wrong with any S or RS engine, more concerned with car weight as that's what kills acceleration, handling and economy.

Reactions: Av4nt