Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Az
    Hard slammed!

Status

Leather dye for bucket seats

Hi all,

Has anyone bought or know of some leather dye which is a perfect match for the bucket seats? My bolsters are in brilliant condition but on the top of the thigh bolster the leather is starting to loose its colour from wear. I always lift myself over the bolster when entering and exiting the car but as the seats were second hand they had the wear from the previous owner. Not desperate for the dye as its not got any worse due to being careful with them, but if I can get a perfect match dye to touch it up then I'll be happy.

Thanks in advance,
    Az
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Try Gliptone - used their stuff on the Nappa leather of my old B5 RS4, with great results

Leather Care | Leather Cleaner

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Think you misunderstood mate, I do actually use Gliptone myself but the question was for any leather dye to re-colour slightly worn bolsters not for a cleaning product.

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Sorry ignore that last post, just clicked on the link and never knew Gliptone did colour dye! Thanks for the heads up!

Next question then, what colour are the bucket seats? Most people would say black but I'd say they are a very dark grey, and the Gliptone website seems to be a bit confused as to what colour they are too, so I'm guessing I need the colour code.... Could anyone tell me what their colour code of their bucket seat interior please? Obviously my bucket seat interior was bought second hand and fitted to my A4 so I don't have the right colour code for them marked on my car, or at least I don't think I do,... I have the black dash and same colour door cards to the ones that came with my seats (soul black is it???) so is that the name of the colour on the bucket seats?

Cheers!
    Az