Thinking about adding rs4 to the collection

mcentee525

Reaction score
Hi guys

As the title says I am thinking about buying a b7 rs4 saloon, i will be only using the car at the weekend and few week days as i have my rs3 as well.

Has anybody had an experience with them? If so is there any problem to look out for ?, Also do you think there value should hold where they are at the moment due to the new rs4 being avant.

Any advice would be great.

Tom

Have a read through these threads, think we cover all the bases as to what to expect and what to look out for in there. Bottom line - do it. If anyone has the chance to buy a B7 RS4 I say just go for it (that's what I did):

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs4-forum-b5-b7-chassis/173589-pipe-dream-owning-b7-rs4.html
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs4-forum-b5-b7-chassis/171984-going-trade-rs4-what-look-out.html

It's a very different car to the RS3, so make sure you have a drive in a few so you get a feel for what's normal on an RS4. The clutch has pretty short travel, and the steering is adaptive so can change weight mid-corner (still getting used to that one). Take your time searching and find one you really want - I had optics, nav and buckets on my 'must have' lists, for example.

Martin

Watch out for serious seat wear on the bolsters.

Yup - bolster wear, and operation with the sport button; the dampers should have been checked for leaks, and ideally been replaced under warranty (or previous owner's cost); check vacuum system, easiest to check exhaust valves with sport button; check the auxiliary radiators aren't leaking (check for orange fluid seeping in the vents around the fog lights); all consumables are fittingly priced for a £50k+ car, so make sure if the brakes etc are worn, you factor that into any offer... go to rs246 forums and check the rather exhaustive buyers' guide on there.

Also, if you haven't already, get pics up of the RS3!

Hi guys

As the title says I am thinking about buying a b7 rs4 saloon, i will be only using the car at the weekend and few week days as i have my rs3.........

wow....... cherching...... Lives of the rich and shameless..... Only jealous..... Show me you're RS3 and I'll show you mine:friends:

Hi guys

As the title says I am thinking about buying a b7 rs4 saloon, i will be only using the car at the weekend and few week days as i have my rs3.........

wow....... cherching...... Lives of the rich and shameless..... Only jealous..... Show me you're RS3 and I'll show you mine:friends:[/QUOTE

Hi Guys

Been to see / drove a few rs4's but still cannot find one I am 100% happy with so will carry on with the search.....

Here you go robbiemac

imagejpeg

Hi guys

wow....... cherching...... Lives of the rich and shameless..... Only jealous..... Show me you're RS3 and I'll show you mine:friends:[/QUOTE

Hi Guys

Been to see / drove a few rs4's but still cannot find one I am 100% happy with so will carry on with the search.....

Here you go robbiemac

imagejpeg

pictures not showing...... no picture.... no happy:beee:

boom............... looking frosty. thanks for this