EM TuningSky Insurance
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Abb
  • 1 Post By Avantsline

Thread: B5 OR B7

1st Gear

Status

B5 OR B7

I love both shapes but if you had £15k to spend would you put it down on a B7 or get a B5 and use the rest of the cash for a few mods and a nice trip to the nurburgring?

Should be in the market for one of these late summer and I had me heart set on a B7 but like the possibility of a B5 and abit of cash to play with.

What would be youre choice?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    id never pay 15k for a B7
    id get 1 of each for 15k and mods

6th Gear

Status
    I would look around for a mint condition unmodified B5 RS4

5th Gear

Status
    If I wanted an every day drive I'd get a B7, if I wanted a weekend fun car I'd get a good B5.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

6th Gear

Status
    You'd be better off getting a B5 and having cash in hand than trying to pick up a B7 for just £15k.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

1st Gear

Status
    Will be a weekend warrior so perhaps the B5 will be a better option, I keep getting pulled back to the B7 though as the value seems better than getting a good B5 for 10k or a few more thousand for a good B7.

Tempted by the Rs6 also but mainly automatics and way overpriced.

I would love to know where I can get a mint B5 and B7 for 15k with cash for mods?!

Then i think why not keep the B6 Avant Quattro 190 I have and drop an Rs4 engine in

6th Gear

Status
    You won't get a mint B7 for less than £20k. You could get a B6 S4 and spend some money on making it a proper weekend weapon.
    Hunt is over

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    RS4 B7 for 15k......really? I say you would be very hard pushed mate, unless its a complete dog and the front and rear number plates don't match up!!
    MartayMcFly likes this.
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    You won't get a mint B7 for less than £20k. You could get a B6 S4 and spend some money on making it a proper weekend weapon.
    If you're planning on making anything into a weekend weapon, I'd go with the turbocharged B5s.

So much harder to extract any more power out of an N/A engine.

3rd Gear

Status
    The only B7 RS4's ive seen for less than £20k are those that have been stolen and recovered, Although in mint conition id never trust it! If it were my choice id save hard for another 5k and get a B7 without doubt as there are mint ones lurking for 19-20k with lowish mileage...and thoughtsome may disagree i think the b7 looks so much nicer than the B8
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition 220bhp, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights. remap/diverter valve soon

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 SE TDI Avant 2.0 140bhp

Neutral

Status
    If it was me then I would save a few more pennies and keep my eyes open for a B7 at the right money. With a bit of patience, and luck, you should easily be able to pick up something decent for under 20k. Within reason, I wouldn't be too put off with a high mileage as long as it has a full Audi service history.
    Ibis White B7 RS4 Avant; TTS Supercharged 615PS /614nm, MRC stage 3 remap, valved resonated Milltek with 100 cell sports cats, cold air feed, ITG panel filter, ceramic brakes, 20" BBS CHR's, Super Sports Suspension, DTM carbon fibre front splitter and more.....

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    If you're planning on making anything into a weekend weapon, I'd go with the turbocharged B5s.

That's what I'd add too! weapon you'd be better with charged B5... but then again 4wd DTM 2.0T with £3k for mods would see you up near 400bhp

But I wouldn't but RS4 for a weapon... I'd get it for a daily if money allowed

Phantom A4 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post

Sorry, meant B5 S4 (stupid iPad, I still can't type with it). Same 2.7L turbo V6 as the RS4, but you'll save enough on purchase price to get uprated suspension, brakes etc and a good remap.
    Hunt is over

2nd Gear

Status
    Smart money would be get a nice condition b5 s4 and fiddle with that. I would go for some loba 600 turbo's, wagner intercoolers, wagner 3" downpipes, bigger fuel pump & injectors, loba 650nm clutch & flywheel, some porsche 6 pot front brakes, 034 arm kit, bilstein pss9's, some apikol diff mounts/bushes and a few other choice parts, then a good custom map buy someone like rich @ viper tuning or rick @ unicorn. This will turn it into something very special that most cars wont even come close to. Plus it is a proper Q car that can shock some seriously expensive cars.Lots of fun destroying r8's, porsche turbo's etc with a b5 s4 (550bhp 800nm) with a tdi badge on the back :-D I would say this as i am a b5 rs4 owner who owns a performance parts/tuning company :-)

b5 s4 engine & rs4 engine are very different. They use next to none of the same components, different turbos, intercoolers, heads, block, pistons, rods, injectors, fuel pump, intake manifold, intake pipes, clutch, suspension uprights, brakes... the list goes on.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Bloody Hell Eddie thought you had been abducted by aliens and was living on some far out planet.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Bloody Hell Eddie thought you had been abducted by aliens and was living on some far out planet.
    Alive & well mark. Been busy thats all.

5th Gear

Status

B5 OR B7

Out of interest hektor what kind of cost are you looking at for those mods?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

1st Gear

Status
    Day to day bus B7, Weekend/tracktoy B5

1st Gear

Status
    Some good advice there thanks for all the suggestions

Decided on a B7 in the end, just waiting for underwriters to complete the deal.

Here is the B7 in question,

Many people have slated the 'poverty spec' as it has comfort seats and mfsw, to me less desirable to steal and more comfy.

Hope you like
    Brodster likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Came across this on e-bay,are they not asking a bit much?
    01 Y Audi RS4 Avant 2.7 quattro | eBay
    Sure someone knowledgable can shed a bit more light.

2nd Gear

Status

Re: B5 OR B7

Yep overpriced, check on RS256.com as their members know their cars and what they are worth

3rd Gear

Status
    Was just curious,certainly not in the market for a new car just yet

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    Out of interest hektor what kind of cost are you looking at for those mods?
    You can get very good power from the 2.7TT for not a huge amount of money, or you can do as i have done and spend a fortune. For the spec mentioned below you would be looking at the thick end of £8-12K.