Alert RS4 owners in London theft of bucket seats and interiors

Pjj

Reaction score
Last week my RS4 had the passenger window broken in and the recaro buckets were stolen along with steering wheel gear stick rear view mirror seat belts etc...we are probably into write off territory

A miserable start to Christmas and I have since learnt that there are 3 other cars with a similar or worse fate standing in a West/Central London dealer.

I have posted on Pistonheads and RS246 and wanted as many owners to know to be extra careful. If I had know the car would have been off the street. Its all very sad since I dont see how I can leave the car overnight on the street anymore which is difficult if you live in a flat without parking in West London...

:( very sorry to hear this mate! Fkin people are scum of the earth! and who the hell steals seat belts what a palava!
hope things get sorted for you.

Cheers thanks Av4nt

am awaiting my discussion with my insurance company..;)

Wow that really sucks mate. Keep your eyes peeled on eBay, Gumtree, FreeAds etc you might get lucky.

Absolute scum bags... Hate seeing threads like this and unfortunately they are becoming more common...

seen a few on the VXR forums...

Unfortunately these kinds of cars attract attention from both the good people like enthusiasts but also the bad, scummy people like thieves.

Hate this with a passion ,i think they should make unbreakable glass and put in ours cars with a total deadlock unit ,so there is no way for them to get in,with trackers as standard ,and discreet pin hole cameras ,that can be viewed on your phone any time of day and recorded .. I used to have a snap off steering wheel ,gear lock ,pedal lock ,a pager connected to the alarms ,anti jacking and cctv from my house on my rs turbo many years ago ,and i saw 2 guys trying to get in to my rs , they soon ran off ,never to be seen again ...

trackers as standard
Trackers are a waste of time - two RS4s were stolen on 21st December (one in Birmingham and one in Aberdeen) both had Trackers.

One has been recovered by old-fashioned Police beat work, and Tracker have been unable to get a signal on the other one.

IMHO the best form of ant-theft device is an RFID tag that you carry on your person (NOT on the keyring) and when the car is out of range it cuts off the engine.

Fitting clear anti-vandal film on the inside of the glass is a simple way of making the glass unbreakable, and can be combined with fitting privacy film onto the rear windows.

Reactions: robbiemac
Hi dave whats the rfid tag?any links... Going get supaglass at some point...

Last edited:
over in the US seats being stolen from s2000's is such a regular thing you can buy locking nuts for the seats!

27351a25.jpg